RS3 Sound

Bayzoo

Glovebox Demon
Reaction score
Ok, so there's an RS3 8V that lives near me and you can hear it coming from about a 1/4 mile away... I sometimes work from home and always run to the window (yes I'm a child really) when I hear it coming, it sounds mental.

I'm not sure if the guy who drives it is always in Dynamic mode, or if he's had any mods done... but recently I was at the airport picking up the Mrs and this Audi A3 with what looked like an RS3 grill pulled up beside me. I was laughing to myself thinking why would someone still an RS3 grill on an A3... but when I got a closer look and they pulled away it was definitely an Rs3, but it was as quiet as a standard A3. Does Dynamic mode in an RS3 change it that much?

Saw an Rs5 at the pumps the other day as well... now that's what I'm aiming for one day!

Yep comfort or auto is low noise unless you give it some welly. Dynamic is shocking tbf, no idea how Audi got it through the regs at the time!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Bayzoo, azibux1 and 1 other person
Yep comfort or auto is low noise unless you give it some welly. Dynamic is shocking tbf, no idea how Audi got it through the regs at the time!

TX.

New engine is just the same, so still getting away with it

Reactions: Bayzoo
Am working on an RS3 8V at the moment, which has the sports exhaust pack. Never really spent much time with one before and have been surprised how quite it actually is when is anything other then dynamic. When the owner turned up in my car park this morning he just rev'd the engine in dynamic instead of calling me lol. I could hear him with no issues at all... and I am 52 meters from my car park!

Reactions: PanamaS3 and azibux1
Could also have had the secondary cats replaced with straight through pipes I was at a garage having work done to my car when an RS3 drove up to the showroom window after just having this done I thought it was going to shatter the glass it sounded insane.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bayzoo, azibux1 and 1 other person
Could also have had the secondary cats replaced with straight through pipes I was at a garage having work done to my car when an RS3 drove up to the showroom window after just having this done I thought it was going to shatter the glass it sounded insane.
Easy to live with as a daily driver then Rob? lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
Question for resident experts - if you did have the sports exhaust and then removed the secondary cats, would it sound normal/OEM without either revving beyond 2,500rpm or putting it in Sport on TCU and/or into Dynamic mode?
If I'm able to get one I wanted to do this....but still wanted to be able to go into Airwolf silent mode when needed

Reactions: Rob2k68
It is louder although still able to pass people by without drama in comfort or auto.

TX.

Reactions: PanamaS3
Dynamic is shocking tbf, no idea how Audi got it through the regs at the time!

TX.

Hey, they worked wonders with emissions so a bit of noise is no trouble lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, SILVAF0XX, Bayzoo and 2 others
Question for resident experts - if you did have the sports exhaust and then removed the secondary cats, would it sound normal/OEM without either revving beyond 2,500rpm or putting it in Sport on TCU and/or into Dynamic mode?
If I'm able to get one I wanted to do this....but still wanted to be able to go into Airwolf silent mode when needed
I've had mine done and can confirm that you can still be subtle when needed ( apart from start up where you've no chance! ) but when you select dynamic it's a total different animal. Removing secondary cats definitely makes a difference.

Reactions: PanamaS3
I've had mine done and can confirm that you can still be subtle when needed ( apart from start up where you've no chance! ) but when you select dynamic it's a total different animal. Removing secondary cats definitely makes a difference.
thanks @James 123 ....good to know bud....now lets see if Audi can get their **** straight on pricing.... :)