A4 b5 1.8t service

Andy avant b5

Reaction score
Hi there want to give my a4 b5 1.8t awp engine a good service plugs oil oil filter etc any recomedations thanks

Reactions: Browett1982
use 5w40 fully synthetic oil, and make sure you get the larger oil filter (Mahle OC470 or equivalent)

Spark plugs are PFR6Q.

OK cool mate it's a shame I can't use 5w. 30 have loads of it in the garage

I am looking on euro car parts and can't see any of these codes you gave me?

Purflux ls324 oil filter.
Regarding plugs i just swapped pfr6q to ngk twin electrode version...not sure of code, but will say it means i cant fu@€ about gapping 'em AND tickover and moving off is much smoother. Thing is the pfr6q's were only 1k old and looked great when removed but the engine would frequently stutter on manouvering/reversing. With the twin electrodes it's like manouvering a deisel (no throttle required)
5w40 fully syn oil

that LS324 is the smaller filter, get the larger one. Any decent factors will be able to cross referernce the Mahle OC470 number i gave you, or just put it into ebay.

PFR6Q's come pre gapped and dont need touched. I dont really see the point changing them. That said, i often use BKR6E as they're the same plug but copper rather than platinum, and are about 4x cheaper, but dont last as long.

I run the BKR6E in mine as aragon says they are a lot cheaper than the PFR6Q plugs but I do change them every year to make sure they are spot on