18in wheels on standard suspension

adamgroves

Reaction score
I'm wanting to change the wheels on my 2001 1.8 TQ. I was just going to go for 17in wheels so it didnt sit to high and so the ride wasnt as harsh but been looking at 18in RS4 or RS6 wheels recently. Has anybody got some pics of their 1.8 TQ on 18's with the standard suspension?

Here is mine

DSC00047.jpg

Sorry pal I only picked mine up last week.
Don't know the answer to your question(should have seen it was for A3)

I think the quattros are lowered to the same level as the standard 'sports' suspension (25mm)

ak_quattro i like your sideskirts what are they? any more pics of your car looks like theres a different lower front section as well?

Haha u can all shut up, that pipe was put on by last owner and when i get enough cash it shall be gone.
yes mate mine is a quattro, hope it helps.

k17rpo said:
I had the same dilemma with always just thinking of going for 17's but after reading up many ppl said that 18's were best suited and would regret not getting them. Anyways heres 2 rushed pics of mine on 18's with standard suspension but i think the quattro's are 25mm lower from factory?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/karpo_16v/a3001.jpg

chavviest
a3
ever

Dunno about that, have u seen this monstrocity..

95_1_b.JPG

b7_0.JPG

69_1_b.JPG

buckas said:
chavviest
a3
ever

In fairness its truely not that bad, except for the exhaust......

Slightly smaller tailpipes might balance things out a little. The rest of the car looks good.

Right, now who stole that section of transcontinental gas pipeline?

rodenal said:
ak_quattro i like your sideskirts what are they? any more pics of your car looks like theres a different lower front section as well?

Its a 'projektzkwo' kit as pointed out to me by 'pocket-rocket' on this website.

He said it was an optional extra to new a3 buyers and cost about £1500. Was already on the car when i brought it from private dealer and ive only had it for about 2 months so i dont know much else.

heres another pic from a different angle
fronta3.jpg

havent got round to taking one from directly infront

Whats it like at the rear, or does the car still have the standard rear bumper?

just put a set 0f 17in Audi star wheels on my A3, noticed that when i put them the inside of the tyre is very close to the strut. Has anybody else noticed this with their wheels??