Broup buy on HID kits.

A3-frankie

Reaction score
I know this isnt the group buy forum but it wont let me put a post in there.

I emailed a guy on ebay about the possibility of a group buy and inc. delivery he says he can do the kits for £95 delivered each. The kits are coming from manchester so no dodgy hong kong jobbies that end up incurring you import duty etc.

Would anybody be interested in this ? He's looking for about 10 people. I will try see if i can get them down to £90 delivered.

heres a link to one of the kits :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-H7-6000k-HID-XENON-LIGHT-CONVERSION-KIT_W0QQitemZ320070675350QQihZ011QQcategoryZ72235QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S : Obviously you get to chose the fitment/size and colour.

I'd be interested in that if you can get enough people

Have you seen the Autoexpress report on aftermarket kits?

Many of them actually put out a worse light than halogens. Since the lens is not setup for an HID they don't work correctly and spread the light in strange ways. The MOT is one issue but driving along with either worse lights or blinding others is a big issue.

If you don't have light cleaners and auto balancing then this will also be breaking the law....but I guess what ever I say won't matter as long as they look a bit blue eh? :crying:

scoTTy said:
Have you seen the Autoexpress report on aftermarket kits?

Many of them actually put out a worse light than halogens. Since the lens is not setup for an HID they don't work correctly and spread the light in strange ways. The MOT is one issue but driving along with either worse lights or blinding others is a big issue.

If you don't have light cleaners and auto balancing then this will also be breaking the law....but I guess what ever I say won't matter as long as they look a bit blue eh? :crying:

New law coming out soon about this, and cars with HID or similar kits will fail due to not having headlamp washers!

I have seen some kits and the patern is all over the place, but seen some that are ok..NOT SURE ON THE MAKE

I wanted a set for my mini but the backing is plastic and might melt

£80, even better. Forget my groupbuy lol.

Im in on that. I guess that applies to the others aswell for a tenner saving.

Dam right, thats a few pints more i can buy

A3 Frankie
rodenal
Stringster
Pav767
Beerzo

Please excuse me if i have dropped anyone off the list by accident just copied and pasted.