EGR Delete

lea323ci

Reaction score
Hi just received my EGR blanking plate for my Audi A3 tdi facelift 2008

Can anyone tell me the exact location of where I put the plate on this engine as it's common rail and not PD , apologies if there is a thread already on here but I've had trouble locating it
IMG 3892

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't reply your question, but as I know (I have a 2012 FL commonrail TDI), you don't need to blind your EGR valve to delete it. EGR-OFF can be done via VCDS without any hardware modification. At least that's what Danish tuners do.

Hi dp_motley for the quick reply will turning it off have the same desired effect as blanking off the EGR valve and is it straight forward to turn it off ? Cheers. Lea

Hi Lea, I'm not a tuner, but what I learned online is that even if you blank the EGR, you will need to disable it via VCDS too or it will show you an error. Yes, turning the egr off in ECU will give the desired effect. As I said it's what most reputable tuners of my country do.

Let's wait and hope that someone with more knowledge finds this thread.

Thank you , yes I hope I get some replies to the subject as I'm very interested in what mods I can do to increase its power and performance

Power & performance wise, I'd start with Stage 1 with EGR-off (often done at the same place at the same time for some extra cash).

Ok , then what would be the next things that would normally be carried out I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to tuning

Does any one have the coding for switching off the egr valve please I have someone who will put there VCDS on it in an hour or will it be straight forward to them ? Cheers