2.0tdi - help selecting cambelt

Thomson_adam

Reaction score
Hello guys
I am just in the process of ordering a new cmabelt for my 2007 170bhp A3 but the parts website is saying there are two different belts to chose from.

1, 141 teeth
2, 160 teeth

Change the tensioner and pulleys while your at it. My recommendation is buy a genuine Audi Tensioner. They are fool proof in fitting due to having a metaal pin on the rear to help locating correctly prior to tensioning also cost very little more anyway.

If not and not fit correctly like a garage did to mine this is the outcome. This was a Gates kit not fit properly.

Attachments

• 20170625_093922.jpg
    20170625_093922.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
holly molly 1.5k of damage?! wow, anyway I paid 105 as well for Dayco kit (+ pulleys etc..) and Meyle HD upgraded water pump (alloy instead of plastic interiors) 4 year guarantee. (BKD Engine)

Change the tensioner and pulleys while your at it. My recommendation is buy a genuine Audi Tensioner. They are fool proof in fitting due to having a metaal pin on the rear to help locating correctly prior to tensioning also cost very little more anyway.

If not and not fit correctly like a garage did to mine this is the outcome. This was a Gates kit not fit properly.

Is this the one you've just had done???? Have the garage taken responsibility?