Becoming more and more content...

Kestrel

It's my birthday
Reaction score
I seldom keep a car for more than 12 months but this one…I may well keep for much longer…

It may be something to do with its colour – nice and easy to keep clean and crisp.

It may be something to do with its tech – a few days ago I had a message come up on the MMI screen telling me that a map update was available and did I want to take it. I clicked `yes` and swiftly forgot about it. Yesterday I had a message saying that the upload/download (I never know which it is!) was complete. I now have the maps for 2017/2018. Very impressive.

It may be something to do with the way it drives – I always look forward to getting into it. It feels special. Everything looks, feels and works as an upmarket product should. Being an `old fart` comfort is the highest priority for me and I’m delighted that I specced the comfort suspension. 2 cars ago I had the current model Jaguar XJ and this Audi is even more comfortable than that!

I’m writing this because `forums` by their very nature are full of posts of genuine cases of problems and disgrunteldness (is that even a word?) and I wanted to offer a little balance.

Will I keep this one for more than a year?...well I’m 10 months in and I’m not looking elsewhere at the moment!

Regards

Mike.

Reactions: Brasso, scotty76, cuke2u and 5 others
Hey Mike, good to hear you are 'satisfied' and I feel much the same about my SE, love the drive, the comfort and refinement and look forward to every drive. Some people may be missing out when they dismiss SE but overall I am very please with my purchase (especially B&O).

I couldn't agree more Mike. I love my S4! It's easily the best car I've ever had and it outshines anything my mates have got. The cabin is such a great place to be, and the technology in it is phenomenal. It leaves many Porsches, Maseratis and BMWs for dust yet it's cheap to insure and gives 35mpg(ish). If I did this all again I would buy the same car in a flash.

Ok, you might get better road feel from a BMW but you then have a dated interior. You might get a more satisfying engine sound from a 6.2l AMG, but like I said, 6.2l and that means huge bills.

Nice one Audi, you nailed it :)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Just got this update prompt myself. Spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, my A4 certainly seems to have reawakened my interest in driving again as I was begining to dread driving any long distances. Now I look forward to our trips to Suffolk and use all the gizmo's, even makes driving in traffic jams interesting...

Reactions: Brasso