Audi S3 SportBack Black Edition - Ara Blue

craigwhelan

Reaction score
Firstly - I'm very glad to see when uploading images the location data etc. is stripped out...nice to see.

So here it is, after roughly 5 months since ordering here it is in the flesh. Incidentally I ordered the day the RS3 was officially announced, and collected on the day you can now configure one.

Firstly, massive kudos to Poole Audi and specifically Simon in their Sports division. I would recommend the dealership and specifically him if anyone is looking to buy - could not be any more helpful or obliging (similarly, having bought an A3 at the end of last year, this isn't a one off).

I'm not difficult but I am quite particular and Simon excellently handled every request...to the point he didn't put dealer stickers or assistance stickers (without needing to consult me) on the windows as he'd know that it wasn't how I wanted the car on collection. He also didn't have the mats fitted, they're in the bag in the boot.

You may notice it's not been washed...it's never been washed. This was at my request so the detailer can just crack on and do what he's being paid for.

The old puddle lights (Audi wording I think) are in the glovebox with the rings fitted as requested. Will be taking evening/night photos later given it's fitted with Matrix lights.

So then, hotly debated running in period. Well, I was told to enjoy the car. It is an S-Tronic...and it's just a standard 2l lump...so how much damage can I do if I keep it in auto. Well I can tell you this much, S mode is a world away from Comfort...it's like having two cars in one!

Now that's left is to enjoy it.

I have made a note of a bunch of things to either write about or make video about - Q&A through the buying and tracking process and additionally features on the car. If anyone wants to know something that hasn't been already asked on the forum (unlikely) I'm happy to oblige.

Thanks

Craig

IMG 8068
IMG 8070
IMG 8075
IMG 8076
IMG 8082
IMG 8094
IMG 8109
IMG 8085
IMG 8086
IMG 8092
IMG 8113

Reactions: Raiden, CHCCubs, Bristle Hound and 8 others
Very very nice love the red calipers with Ara..... Self parking...... Tut tut lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and craigwhelan
Very very nice love the red calipers with Ara..... Self parking...... Tut tut lol

Cheers jassyo06 :)

Well there's a story behind that...I didn't buy the function...I bought it for the button, I know, I know. I need my head seeing to, but the idea of empty buttons would drive me nuts.

To the point I checked the parts catalogue for the dash to make sure I had everything I could - there will always be a button spare; I suspect that may be something specific to the e-tron version of the A3.

Cheers jassyo06 :)

Well there's a story behind that...I didn't buy the function...I bought it for the button, I know, I know. I need my head seeing to, but the idea of empty buttons would drive me nuts.

To the point I checked the parts catalogue for the dash to make sure I had everything I could - there will always be a button spare; I suspect that may be something specific to the e-tron version of the A3.

Lol yup it's configured for the e-tron and yeah having a 7th button helps but a ****** expensive button that one lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, craigwhelan and Audi Bairn
Looks awesome mate! I do like Ara blue, very nearly went for it over the DG! Enjoy!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and craigwhelan
Very nice mate.
I'm thinking the lights in the glove compartment will be the standard lights originally fitted and the Audi ring lights fitted to your car have been fitted to bring it in line with what it should've had as standard. Something many of us had to get retro fitted free of charge.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Mark_86 and craigwhelan
Firstly - I'm very glad to see when uploading images the location data etc. is stripped out...nice to see.

So here it is, after roughly 5 months since ordering here it is in the flesh. Incidentally I ordered the day the RS3 was officially announced, and collected on the day you can now configure one.

Firstly, massive kudos to Poole Audi and specifically Simon in their Sports division. I would recommend the dealership and specifically him if anyone is looking to buy - could not be any more helpful or obliging (similarly, having bought an A3 at the end of last year, this isn't a one off).

I'm not difficult but I am quite particular and Simon excellently handled every request...to the point he didn't put dealer stickers or assistance stickers (without needing to consult me) on the windows as he'd know that it wasn't how I wanted the car on collection. He also didn't have the mats fitted, they're in the bag in the boot.

You may notice it's not been washed...it's never been washed. This was at my request so the detailer can just crack on and do what he's being paid for.

The old puddle lights (Audi wording I think) are in the glovebox with the rings fitted as requested. Will be taking evening/night photos later given it's fitted with Matrix lights.

So then, hotly debated running in period. Well, I was told to enjoy the car. It is an S-Tronic...and it's just a standard 2l lump...so how much damage can I do if I keep it in auto. Well I can tell you this much, S mode is a world away from Comfort...it's like having two cars in one!

I have made a note of a bunch of things to either write about or make video about - Q&A through the buying and tracking process and additionally features on the car. If anyone wants to know something that hasn't been already asked on the forum (unlikely) I'm happy to oblige.

Thanks

Craig

View attachment 129502 View attachment 129503 View attachment 129504 View attachment 129505 View attachment 129506 View attachment 129507 View attachment 129508 View attachment 129510 View attachment 129511 View attachment 129512 View attachment 129513

You waited 5 months for your car Jeezus.....and now you've gone and told me,the RS3 is now configurable....back home on my PC....it sure is...................DAMN...............lol

Reactions: craigwhelan
You waited 5 months for your car Jeezus.....and now you've gone and told me,the RS3 is now configurable....back home on my PC....it sure is...................DAMN...............lol

My first spec came out at close to 54k ... still saving myself for a 6 or 7, even the S3 was a crazy amount of money for a hatchback, never mind 54k!

My first spec came out at close to 54k ... still saving myself for a 6 or 7, even the S3 was a crazy amount of money for a hatchback, never mind 54k!

My spec is only £51,000.....lol S3 is £48k..................cough.....cough..................and it can be cancelled.............lol

Reactions: ice_cube99

Mine came to £51,525 and that was without going crazy!

Reactions: Jassyo06
What.............. you............paid £51,525 for a S3....................lol:sos:

Noooo the RS3 lol I paid £37k for the S3 then stuck £5k in from the old car.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
@craigwhelan ...............yer photos are HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEE....................***...............slowing me old PC.....................and even me Dog n Bone ...........Doon.............lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and craigwhelan
Can you show me the buttons? I think I ordered everything too and was hoping there would be no spaces too! Damn there is.

Maybe put a sticker on it for “ejector seat” lol scare passengers.

A video of the matrix and dynamic indicators would be cool too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

l am very tempted to change mate,if the S3....Can be cancelled.............****

Is that £51k even with the exclusive colour?

Can you show me the buttons? I think I ordered everything too and was hoping there would be no spaces too! Damn there is.

I've got a vid of the dynamic indicators here, dunno why YouTube made it look like I was moving the phone side to side though at the start!

Reactions: Rob2k68, MattSedg, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

Thanks

Craig

View attachment 129502 View attachment 129503 View attachment 129504 View attachment 129505 View attachment 129506 View attachment 129507 View attachment 129508 View attachment 129510 View attachment 129511 View attachment 129512 View attachment 129513

I should be in a similar position to you in a few weeks time with a very similar car :)

Reactions: craigwhelan and Jassyo06
Is that £51k even with the exclusive colour?

I've got a vid of the dynamic indicators here, dunno why YouTube made it look like I was moving the phone side to side though at the start!

Sick....Ride ............Homz.............Diggin....Dem........... S3........Dynamic....Front.......Dyno....Flashers.....with Dat.... in da Clubb.....Vibe.....Tam.....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
Sick....Ride ............Homz.............Diggin....Dem........... S3........Dynamic....Front.......Dyno....Flashers.....with Dat.... in da Clubb.....Vibe.....Tam.....lol

Haha can't beat a bit of MJ

Of co

of course. Ara blue BE Sportback.. team Ara all the way!!!
That's if the thing ever leaves QC.. been two weeks now. I'm expecting car end July/early august. I'm thinking I wait till sept 1st for the 67 reg..

Reactions: Jassyo06
Stunning looking S3. Really like the spec you've gone for - enjoy!

Reactions: craigwhelan and Jassyo06
That's if the thing ever leaves QC.. been two weeks now. I'm expecting car end July/early august. I'm thinking I wait till sept 1st for the 67 reg..

Yeah.... Sep 1st .....is a sick date.....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and JDHOWELLS
Pan-Roof.....???

I went back and fourth on pano roof.. in the end I wanted to keep below the £40k tax threshold and I couldn't lose £1000 of other toys just for a glass roof. Though I really would've loved to have it all I managed to get my car spec to £39995!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@craigwhelan ...............yer photos are HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEEEEE....................***...............slowing me old PC.....................and even me Dog n Bone ...........Doon.............lol

LOL, iPhone 7 - first world problems eh ;) As it happens I had to reduce a couple of them down as they wouldn't upload to the forum!

Sure thing, so basically non-etron, you'll need to get Park Assist...which gets you radar sensors and the automatic parking system...have to admit, the latter is something I'd never use. I tried it out this afternoon for a laugh on the drive, to be fair, it worked really well. But, no. Just, no.

I went back and fourth on pano roof.. in the end I wanted to keep below the £40k tax threshold and I couldn't lose £1000 of other toys just for a glass roof. Though I really would've loved to have it all I managed to get my car spec to £39995!

The V5 popped through the door today which was nicely timed. If you go over the 40K you get a nice reminder on the front page of the V5 to tell you you're a bit mad and you'll be reminded every year until 2023 when you pay your VED. Splendid.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and JDHOWELLS

Shrewd Dude....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and JDHOWELLS
Mine was over 40k and I don't care. I just want to have a car with everything.

Hence the matrix and pano roof and self parking. The only think I wish I had was the RS3 wheels. I really like them. I am scared to think how much those would cost from Audi.

Reactions: Rolly12 and Rob2k68

Thanks

Craig

@craigwhelan - Great looking S3 SB mate
Looks fab in ara
Congrats !

Reactions: Rob2k68 and craigwhelan
And its worth every............Dollar mate......even yer fellow Canadian indigenous pal agrees............

View attachment 129555

That 70,000.00 Canadian ....41,500.00 quid was for an RS3. Now you know why the Moose is showing off his dental work, which by the way costs a king's ransom over on this side of the pond.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

<snip>

Buttons as follows (I'll throw picture up later)

(Left > Right)

Passenger air bag warning light
Stop/Start On/Off
Park assist
Parking sensors
Hazard lights
<BLANK> / etron warp speed button?
Stability control
MMI screen up/down
Drive select

That 70,000.00 Canadian ....41,500.00 quid was for an RS3. Now you know why the Moose is showing off his dental work, which by the way costs a king's ransom over on this side of the pond.

That's £4000 cheaper than over here mate, they should sell well over your way

Reactions: Rob2k68
Buttons as follows (I'll throw picture up later)

(Left > Right)

Passenger air bag warning light
Stop/Start On/Off
Park assist
Parking sensors
Hazard lights
<BLANK> / etron warp speed button?
Stability control
MMI screen up/down
Drive select

Thanks. Would love to also see a video of the matrix lights and dynamic indicators in the daytime (because at night it's hard to film).

I believe you can separate a few extras from the price you get, pay for these few extras up front, and then keep the remainder under 40k....and hey presto! That's what a contact in my local told me anyway.

I believe you can separate a few extras from the price you get, pay for these few extras up front, and then keep the remainder under 40k....and hey presto! That's what a contact in my local told me anyway.

Yes you can do exactly this, l purchased the matrix headlights and the rear view camera separately, from the rest of the car but not for road tax levy purposes

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn