Facelift Delivery Mileage!

Spinstorm

Reaction score
This is just out of curiosity but when the dealer sent me a video of my car yesterday it had 21 miles! on the clock. And it may go up as they test it before I collect Tuesday.

My Golf R had 8 when delivered.

What delivery mileages have you all seen on your new cars?

Last edited:
About 20 on normal on the S models a bit more as they say more tests ? .probably more fun !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68

Think it may also vary from model and engine configuration ? Be interesting to see if there’s a pattern.

Think mine was on 18 when I picked it up.

When I used to work at Audi we had to deliver cars with under 100miles, otherwise you'd need a trailer to take it.

They can reset the miles when they PDI it so you never know really

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Surely that is illegal...
Nope. It is only within a certain threshold. I forgot what my audi mate said it was but they can definitely do it

I would not be impressed if it was reset and un-necessary. Anyway, back on topic, both my A3 and my A4 had 21 miles on the clock, seems like it doesn't matter what model.

Nope. It is only within a certain threshold. I forgot what my audi mate said it was but they can definitely do it

That is definitely illegal in North America and I would be very surprised if EU countries allowed that to be done by a dealer.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
RS3s all turned up with about 50 miles on them. They get miles put on them at the factory apparently.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
28ish? Bear in mind that it gets driven round a test course after build, potentially driven back into the factory for any corrective work, driven to a holding area, driven onto a train, driven off the train to the port holding area (which is vast), driven into a ship, driven off a ship to another holding area, driven to the despatch area, driven onto a truck, driven off the truck, and then driven around the dealers workshops and car parks a few times before you finally get your grubby mitts on it.

Reactions: Djs3saloon, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Got my A3 yesterday which was transported from Maidstone and when we collected it from Audi it had 7 miles on it.

Mine was 14 miles. I was once told the mileage on digital readouts is enabled at the PDI. This was after I bought an Alfa 156 after being shown it in the dealer compound. The saleswoman then drove the car back to the showroom a distance of approx 11 miles with me following in the saleswoman's car. When I picked the car up a week later the salesman that handed over the car told me with great delight the car only had 5 miles on the clock. The look on his face was a picture when I told him I knew it had at least done double that.

Reactions: DeanoC and Audi Bairn
I think mine had about 5 miles on it.

Defo less than 10.

Picked a car straight off a container ship with 22 miles !!!, it was a big container ship though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My A3 had 5 miles on it when i picked it up

They can't lower the miles, but the dealer can increase the miles once during the PDI if they want, as long as the milage is below 100 miles.

I agree with Dean & Mercedes can do it also. As this thread shows, too high a mileage & customers complain / mileage too low & customers complain so damned if you do / damned if you don't lol !!.

Reactions: DeanoC