Strut Brace

DPM said:
Not yet but all being well i'll send it out today regardless!

Cheers ! I sent it on the 1st Feb, but i use a different bank so it normally takes a few days to reach the other account

How the ****** hell did I miss this thread?? Is the GB still active Damian? If so, please give me a shout, I'll take one off you too.

wow wow, hold on, i may want one too if it's not to late. but first

Whats it for?

Have you received my payment in your account yet, if so have you dispatched the strut brace yet ?
Thanks

All 5 strut braces have now been dispatched, the next phase of the GB will start again soon including different models!

Thanks to everyone who bought one!

:icon_thumright:

cheers, stuck at work in a meeting today so i hope the courier can find a neighbour to take mine, i want to get it fitted !

Nice one fella, maybe start gropu buys for other kit too talk to olly, and get them int he group buy section.

:arco:

mckay9uk said:
I'll PM you.
Cheers DPM the strut brace has arrived it looks nice ! shame about the weather, fitting will have to wait till tommorow. I'll try and be the first to post !

Thanks again

mckay9uk said:
Cheers DPM the strut brace has arrived it looks nice ! shame about the weather, fitting will have to wait till tommorow. I'll try and be the first to post !

Thanks again

I missed mine yesterday so its getting delivered to work today, will be on 10 mins after work, weather isnt bad oop north

mckay9uk said:

Thanks again

Cool, will take a look on saturday:thumbsup:

Mine has just arrived, reception just called me. Receptionist looked embarrased, then i saw the box with scantily clad women on it and the only item description is in german haha, she probs sthinks its a blow up doll or something !!!

PhilR said:
Mine has just arrived, reception just called me. Receptionist looked embarrased, then i saw the box with scantily clad women on it and the only item description is in german haha, she probs sthinks its a blow up doll or something !!!

:laugh:

JOM make them but INXX package them up. This way it's easier for me to send them. It would be interesting to see the ones sold on Ebay in real life and compare quality.

When I did a search i found that there is a guy on here who runs an ebay one and claims his bonnet does not shut correctly, thats why i first opted for the OMP one, (which does not fit either lol) then jumped on this JOM one, at least it is a german brand. Will update on fitting later !

Think mine's with a neighbour at the mo, just waiting for the buggers to come home!!

I'll see if I get mine fitted this weekend - having the car cleaned sunday anyway so might take a few piccies regardless. Not taken any since I've made a couple of changes...

Fitted the strut brace which took about ten minutes, the bonnet shuts ok, the only bit that is close/touching the strut is the brake resevoir, forgot to bring my phone so i havent got any shots, Doh ! just waiting for my mate to send some i took on his phone which should be anytime now ?

mckay9uk said:
Fitted the strut brace which took about ten minutes, the bonnet shuts ok, the only bit that is close/touching the strut is the brake resevoir, forgot to bring my phone so i havent got any shots, Doh ! just waiting for my mate to send some i took on his phone which should be anytime now ?

not sure where i am going wrong, mine didnt fit when i tried it yesterday, it pulled down on the ecu cover the resevoir and the bonnet wont close. Will have a better look tomorrow to see whats gone wrong

Any instuctionson how you did yours ?

Did you keep the original washers on or ditch them ?

PhilR said:
not sure where i am going wrong, mine didnt fit when i tried it yesterday, it pulled down on the ecu cover the resevoir and the bonnet wont close. Will have a better look tomorrow to see whats gone wrong

Any instuctionson how you did yours ?

Did you keep the original washers on or ditch them ?
Got rid of the big washers, and used just the 16 mm bolts to hold it down. Get it all lined up then tighten it up.

DSC00187.jpg

Soupie69uk said:
Notice any difference in the handling?

Does your car not have a cover over the battery etc?
unfortunately i wont be able to drive for several months ! the battery cover was missing when i bought the car i just didnt bother to get a replacement, there was a slight creaking noise from the dashboard after i fitted the new suspension i'm hoping that the brace will have eliminated that as well.