Wheel Fitment Question

Chisbo

Reaction score
Hi, looking at getting some new wheels for my S3 that are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rears. The wheels have an offset of 35.
I'm currently running 25mm lowering springs, would I have a problem fitting these wheels?
Thanks in advance

Possibly, as the offset is really low (most people try to stay above 40 for the 8p), you'll most likely need to remove wheel arch screws, you miiiiight have to adjust the camber slightly and maybe even go for stretch on the tyres, 225 instead of 235 on the front for definite I'd expect. test fit the wheels without the tyres first if you can to make sure they don't touch the suspension, especially the 9.5s

Cheers for your response, it'd be interesting to see photos of a car running wheels of the same size and offset. I'm sure it's possible, but wondering how much work/hassle it would be

I think I recall someone over in Europe doing a full RS3 conversion on their car, including wider wheel arches, I don't know if they used ET35 wheels or if I'm getting that from somewhere else but i'm sure someone's definitely done ET35 on theirs. I know if you were to just shove a set on as they are, they poke out of the arches and it can look ridiculous, especially if on standard sized fat looking tyres....

You'll have to put a stretch on the tires, 215 or 205.
I`m running 235 on the rear with ET43 which is an offset of ET38 8j rims, and I get a little scrub when I hit a dip or have a load in the car, with the screw removed.