Whine and hose

Finach2008

Reaction score
Can someone please advise me if their 2015 s3 s tronic sportback whines when slowing and accelerating at times as I'm being told by the local dealer that it's supposed to do it and they says it's an engine braking sound also can I ask if the hose at the front of the engine bay is this supposed to be a white chalky colour it's the one that bends over And has metal pipes with collars either end thanks in advance

Noise yes unsure re hose

I can't hear mine whine at all. Only thing I can hear when slowing down is the car blipping the throttle on the downshift, the exhaust note, and the soundaktor.

Also, all of the hoses in my engine bay are clean and black.

Could be, depends...i usually find it whines most as the turbo spools and downshifting. The rear passengers should hear the exhaust more

It doesn't just whine on turbo spool or down shift its while the car slows down also sometimes louder than most also forgot to mention that the other day pulled up and could smell a warm
Coolant smell

That sounds odd then

my car whines in 1st etc.....think its normal and nothing to worry about.
chalky fluid marks sounds like coolant....plenty of people had issues with coolant loss....if its low all the time/warning light comes on take it into dealer