3G Signal

Paul_McG

Reaction score
I'm in Cambridgeshire and since around 8AM my car has only had a 3G signal so the Audi Connect either runs painfully slowly, or not at all.

Is anyone else having issues ?

I'm in Cambridgeshire and since around 8AM my car has only had a 3G signal so the Audi Connect either runs painfully slowly, or not at all.

Surely it's just service demand? Bandwidth will be low due to massive peak demand? Same as when you're in a footy stadium and have 4G but can't get data because service is overwhelmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly, but as I said, it's been the same since 8 O'Clock this morning.

Last edited:
Possibly, but as I said, it's been the same since 8 O'Clock this morning.

Ah sorry read too fast. In fact my google maps have taken ages to load since yesterday so maybe there is a network issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep same here, similar area too.

Must be a service provider issue, haven't checked today.

Yep same here, similar area too.

Must be a service provider issue, haven't checked today.

Yes, that's what I figured. I'm guessing if the antenna or radio module dies, it would lose the signal altogether.

Mine was still only 3G at 6AM.

I have phones on O2 & Vodafone and they seem OK with a 4G signal, so they would be fine with LTE.
I'm guessing Cubic use EE as their backbone ?

Just got back in the car and almost instantly connected with LTE at full signal strength.

Whatever the issue, it seems to be resolved.

I posted in another thread that I've been having issues with EE on my phone lately. So it looks like it may be related. Basically the 4G drops out and when it does reconnect again then it's 3G or less. If I switch my mobile data off and on again it will reconnect on 4G+ so it looks like they are rolling out an increase in 4G+ coverage but it's causing some problems. I never lose phone signal, it's just the quality of the connection that's suffering. It's been a common complaint amongst EE users where I live (Norwich).