Terra Clean

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone had this done to there car as i am getting it done tomorrow and just wondered how good it is as i can't find amyone in the North East Scotland who does the Walnut clean . Any comments welcome

Dont bother.
Walnut clean is the only way to clean the inlet ports on stratified injection engines. End.

Some people recommend "Engine Carbon Clean" too, I almost booked a terraclean appointment but decided against it after reading this forum, ECC is cheaper than terraclean, I don't know about walnut blasting

I think terrace and is to do with using fuel, the fuel doesn't go near our inlets so it's pointless am led to believe. I had carbon clean and that didn't really do out far as I can see

As above.....I've had mine cleaned out a few times over the years,and walnut blasting for most engines is the only really effective way.

The other method is costly and involves scrapping and rerouting the entire breather system,to remove all feeds into the inlet.

cheers everyone for the input and i guess i will need to find somewhere where they do the Walnut any recommendations please even England as long as it isn't to far south my accent won't be understood ( Joke )

Doesnt have be walnut i dont think. Elbow grease works as well

Not for the novice as the whole injection system has to come out and the piston inlets have to be blocked off before you get in there with a drill loads of carb cleaner and wire brush end to remove all the carbon deposits with a wet and dry hoover.

can you honestly see me doing that when it cost me £12,000 so i can have a car that i can put a RS 3 geille on :blackrs4::yellowrs4::greyrs4:

Reactions: audismart
The carbon clean that uses hydrogen is not meant to be very kind on the engine from what I've been told. The terraclean does have a direct injection option, my garage trialled it on mine and although I couldn't feel a difference it ran quieter, and a friends bmw 335 made a huge difference but his was running really badly. Still not a replacement for manual cleaning though I don't think.

Last edited:
D H automotive will do it for you, he is in bonnybridge

Not for the novice as the whole injection system has to come out and the piston inlets have to be blocked off before you get in there with a drill loads of carb cleaner and wire brush end to remove all the carbon deposits with a wet and dry hoover.

Not for a novice no. I certainly cant do it my self either