Bulb check code out?

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Tried vcds with @DJAlix from VAG Car Coding and could net see any option.
Carista showed only basic options so no luck also.

Does anyone else know a way to code out bulb check so does my car do not flash like a Christmas tree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried vcds with @DJAlix from VAG Car Coding and could net see any option.
Carista showed only basic options so no luck also.

Does anyone else know a way to code out bulb check so does my car do not flash like a Christmas tree?

Could not see anything obvious via VCDS also :(

@DJAlix, got the PY21W Amber indicator led bulbs to fit into the front but it threw an error.
Can possibly fit the resistor but don't think it will get rid of the hyper-flash.

Need permanent solution to it otherwise will be forced to go back to normal bulbs

@DJAlix, got the PY21W Amber indicator led bulbs to fit into the front but it threw an error.
Can possibly fit the resistor but don't think it will get rid of the hyper-flash.

Need permanent solution to it otherwise will be forced to go back to normal bulbs

I remember I had a pretty long look at VCDS for a way to do this during our first session but could not see the settings I would expect to see from other vehicles... and carista, which I hate using, offered no solution also. Have just done a fast google and I think you will need to try the resistor route as it seems people are reporting the same bar the licence plate lights, people seem to retrofit A8 LED units for these.

The rear ones did not gave any error but front ones did.
Not much space in there to attach the resistor as a heat sink but will try.

Installed them anyway and wanted to see the result and must say, they do not give as much light as standard bulbs.
@t8ups offered some bulbs on A3 with different fitting base.
Also mentioned that cheap bulbs may have weaker tight output and I think this is what happening on my car. Bulbs weren't cheap but not the mid or high shelf either. Also meant to be error free
Wondered if he came up with solution for bayonet base.
Did you had a chance to speak to him, Alex?

There is no way of coding out the bulb checking on either central electrics or central convenience modules, it's hard coded in the firmware and not a coding option

For the past few days I've been looking for the particular thread made by a guy from A6 C7 platform, who wanted to change he's front bumper to the RS6 bumper, but cannot find it anymore.
As the RS6 don't have fogs and he's A6 did, he tried to code the fogs out so the ecu doesn't shout about them. He was digging quite deep in the vcds coding option and even showed the way how he did it to another member.
Didn't seen the pictures of the finished project but screen shots of particular option and code values they should be changed to.
I think it also worked for that another member.

May this be the case of the A6 C6 that it cannot be done the same way for each and particular bulb?

For the past few days I've been looking for the particular thread made by a guy from A6 C7 platform, who wanted to change he's front bumper to the RS6 bumper, but cannot find it anymore.
As the RS6 don't have fogs and he's A6 did, he tried to code the fogs out so the ecu doesn't shout about them. He was digging quite deep in the vcds coding option and even showed the way how he did it to another member.
Didn't seen the pictures of the finished project but screen shots of particular option and code values they should be changed to.
I think it also worked for that another member.

May this be the case of the A6 C6 that it cannot be done the same way for each and particular bulb?

Unfortunatly there is no way to code / options features that are not available i.e. In the new A3 8V's the coding and adaptation options for lights is amazing detailed to the point where you can change voltages per bulb. The A6 C6 has no such coding or adaptation channels available, so the only option is hardware mods really.

As above the C7 has completely different software & hardware controlling the bulbs, and the RS6 uses the same central electrics & central convenience modules as a normal A6 C7 so the option to code out the fog's is possible, as it had to be coded that way for the RS6. There is also no way of using the C7 electronic modules as the can-bus systems between the C6 & C7 are incompatible.

Oh well ...

Thanx guys for all your input.

I don't think there is a car that We would've owned and not thinking of moding it.

Managed to sort out front indicator dash error with a resistor.

Made a video but app doesn't allow me upload it so will do it later.

Indicator is working perfectly and much faster than normal bulb.
Only thing is, intensity of the light.
At night I will be definitely visible indicating vehicles from ahead of me but in day light might not be as bright.
Might need to find more powerful bulbs on the net unless @t8ups will make some for us.

On the pictures also can be visible

e144500d37bafce557610df61950880f.png

5a1ba794c560587a71919a6592d45966.png

efb09fb3cdf8d13b0c7c576d567625fe.png

In slow motion, the standard bulb is so slow and the led one just pop on and off.
Love it

Got it up on YT

Fitted second front indicator few days ago. Just got it up on YT

Spoken already with @t8ups about proper led bulbs he invented/designed.
Might be going for them soon.

What do you people think of those?

Will do another video of them during the day at later stage

Upgraded indicators

IMG 9446

New one on the right

IMG 9589

Here is on the left. Rear ones shining also.

Managed to sort out number plate led strobe with a relay and resistor.

Computer does bulb check at the back in sequence every 30seconds. First checked is right reverse than number plate, left reverse, right indicator and left indicator.
Not so long ago I managed to do same to reverse leds so these also are done.
Left to do all indicators and front fogs.

If I cannot code them out, I will get rid of them that way.

Access to front indicators and fogs electrics is from underneath the steering column trim. Just behind right hand fuse box. All relay+resistors set up can be plugged in there for convenient connection.

After long long years, got the 7-Lights "Bulb Check Terminator" for each bulb.
As relay solution to reverse lights turned out to fail after few weeks of install, I've ripped all that and left leds on ressistors.
Had few drivers telling me that my reverse lights and indicators do flash was kindonly option to them terminators.
Just soldered them in and all of that malarky flashing is gone.

Another person elsewhere just told me that, I could have them coded out but was not happy to share info how or be more specific who might know how to do it, so gave up for this option.
Soon will be taking the front bumper off so will install the rest of terminators to fog and front indicators to finalize the bulb checks throughout the car.

As have them terminators on the table, might strip the shrink wrap to see how they are build.

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk

greetings, did you manage to solve the problemwith 7lights terminator?
the flashing lights were terribly irritating...how many resistors did you buy? do you own corering light?