Which RS3

Lastkill21

Reaction score
Hi guys

So I looked into getting a new RS3 got a price and it came to 52k but this is my dilemma. I have the fortunate option to buy the car outright but I'm struggling spending 52k on a car I've not driven or heard. I loved the pre fl RS3 and would look at around 40k plus 4-5k on mods. So my question is what would you do??

The facelift obviously has the new 400ps engine, virtual cockpit as well as a few other changes. You have a new 3yr warranty to consider with a new car too.

However, as a cash buyer, the most cost effective way is to pick one up at near to trade price and save yourself a good £12-15k or so. The first owner has already took the big depreciation hit so you don't need too.

The sensible option is to go with the used older car but it's your money, your choice.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Lastkill21
Tbf there is really not a lot of difference between them both other than some minor cosmetic items and the new engine. If you like "shiny and new" then get the FL, if not bothered by that the PFL will still rock your boat imho.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc, Radman and Lastkill21
Thanks TX I do like new but an extra 7k makes me think is it worth it. I do want the pops and bags that's makes the pre RS3 awsome just worried the new one will miss this

Reactions: Radman
Save the £10k+ and go PFL. Sounds raw and still goes well. Highly tuneable too, if that's your thing.

Reactions: Lastkill21
Sorry Leo didn't see your reply. I was thinking the same I could wait for them to come out and pick up a pre registered one or pre owned and not take the big hit or buy a pre RS3 have that for a year to 2 years then swap for the fl RS3. D0C I was thinking the same 4k on mods is what id look at. The missus wants me to sell my s4 as she wants a new house so need to decide sharpish

Sorry Leo didn't see your reply. I was thinking the same I could wait for them to come out and pick up a pre registered one or pre owned and not take the big hit or buy a pre RS3 have that for a year to 2 years then swap for the fl RS3. D0C I was thinking the same 4k on mods is what id look at. The missus wants me to sell my s4 as she wants a new house so need to decide sharpish
The engine on the PFL really is tremendously loud in Dynamic mode. I think an extra £10-15k is probably not worth it when you can pick up a low mileage 16 plate.

Drive them both.
Make informed decision.

I think PLF is the route to go lol :yes:. I can do you a good deal on a Nov 2015 Nardo with 7k on the clock for September delivery

I was in the same position as you, but decided on PLF on 2016 plate as I don't fancy taking a £10k hit in the first year! Enjoy it for couple years and if the new facelift proves to be much better than PLF and more power mods becomes available on this new platform then I will part ex further down the line without taking the initial depreciation ;)

Thanks swlabhot that's what I'm thinking. I think my mind is made up. Thanks guys

Reactions: Radman
I was having a similar dilemma last year and decided to go for an 'old model' car with a decent spec and low mileage.

Definitely the right decision for me

Reactions: 45bvtc and Radman
Wonder when we'll see the first UK based reviews of the facelift?

The facelift obviously has the new 400ps engine, virtual cockpit as well as a few other changes. You have a new 3yr warranty to consider with a new car too.

However, as a cash buyer, the most cost effective way is to pick one up at near to trade price and save yourself a good £12-15k or so. The first owner has already took the big depreciation hit so you don't need too.

The sensible option is to go with the used older car but it's your money, your choice.
I have over 3.5 years warranty left on my Mar 2016 RS3.. worth £500!