Will it be another Audi?

• Yes 100%.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • No, I'll be trying another make.

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • I'm not sure yet..

Votes: 48 53.3%

• Total voters
I said "yes 100%" as its way more likely for me than "not sure yet". Out of the big 3 German marques Audi offers the best value for money here. Panama is very small (circa 3.5M people) and more than half of those live in Panama City, yet Panama sells more Audi than any other country in Central America (and most likely tops the list for Merc and BMW too). When I bought my S3 I also considered M135i and A45 AMG....prices respectively were $54k, $66k, $80k+....now almost 3 years on and nothing much has changed in these spreads. Yes I have had a few issues with my new car, but for a Stage 2 modded car on bad roads its held up well so far (but I do take care of it). Dealerships make all the difference (as many have mentioned) and here they are each family owned. Having spent the time getting to know them, and them me, I'd rather stick with the devil I know. Looking at RS3 sedan sometime next year.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
No, almost certainly not. Similar to another post in a few ways. I always wanted an Audi so I bought an S3 to satisfy my craving. I've found it really quite boring, drab and quite uninspiring to drive in comparison with some of the other cars I've previously owned. I just don't think that they're anywhere near as good as people think they might be - with the exception of a few higher end cars; RS6 for example. They are also incredibly overpriced for what you get. Each to there own I suppose!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

To be honest I am really happy with my 1.6 TDI 8V so far. My previous car had MUCH more power but 8V is so nippy and I am sure I will buy Audi diesel again after warranty on this car is over.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I've found it really quite boring, drab and quite uninspiring to drive in comparison with some of the other cars I've previously owned.
I saw a Infiniti Q30 on the road today, never seen one before! It looked interesting and different!

Maybe..............either electric SQ7 equivalent or electric Porsche Macan. I think that within the next couple of rounds of new cars (e.g. within 5years) even petrol power will be significantly on the slide.

I work in the money business and without doubt PCP is a timebomb, the amounts some people borrow (and yes it is full on borrowing) on a predictably depreciating asset is frightening yet people seem to think if they use the word equity then all is well. I have seen stories of £600+ a month for a car for people on even twice average income, only a matter of time before regulators get involved.

Reactions: richinsoton
I have seen stories of £600+ a month for a car for people on even twice average income

Not sure what you mean by this. Depending on what you mean by "average" (household, individual, geographical area, UK as a whole, etc) this could be anything up to £50-60k a year. Depending on circumstance and financial situation, £600/month out of £50k/pa is hardly a horror story.

Maybe..............either electric SQ7 equivalent or electric Porsche Macan. I think that within the next couple of rounds of new cars (e.g. within 5years) even petrol power will be significantly on the slide.

I work in the money business and without doubt PCP is a timebomb, the amounts some people borrow (and yes it is full on borrowing) on a predictably depreciating asset is frightening yet people seem to think if they use the word equity then all is well. I have seen stories of £600+ a month for a car for people on even twice average income, only a matter of time before regulators get involved.

But that's there choice to borrow that amount going off topic again but you speak so negatively of such as pcp, l pay a pittance for my car compared to what l earn, could easily afford £600-£800 a month on say a fully loaded RS3 or anything in the £60k bracket but l don't,l don't have any debt to speak of there's a lot folks on here could do the same, l put down £9000 on my existing order pay the £400 a month.... I sleep very well at night thanks very much as do others but of course you'll get buyer's carrying on neg equity on to the next and then the next which is a bit crazy

Reactions: David McQueen and Rolly12
I saw a Infiniti Q30 on the road today, never seen one before! It looked interesting and different!
Intresting and different is rare in the current car market - for coonly attainable cars anyway. Maybe its just me!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jeesh, obviously individual circumstances differ but fundamentally PCP as a product was designed to get a chunk of people who can't really afford the car to be able to afford the car i.e. long term hire then give it back.

jassy lives near the arctic and everything is cheaper up there :)

But yes, moving away from topic sorry, I will go back into my corner.

Reactions: richinsoton and Jassyo06
It's not really going to be about the level headed PCP users (like Jassy or me) who way up the odds and make an informed decision.

The regulator is the FCA.
They will assume that all customers have zero common sense and the finance company have full duty of care to ensure its affordable in various curcumstances (unemployment etc).

You only need to look at PPI and mortgage lending to see how this is going to pan out.

I have to work with the FCA on a daily basis so I know how they work.

Add in the PRA concern for the lenders and falling car prices and things can't help but change.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, DrEskimo, richinsoton and 1 other person
It's not really going to be about the level headed PCP users (like Jassy or me) who way up the odds and make an informed decision.

The regulator is the FCA.
They will assume that all customers have zero common sense and the finance company have full duty of care to ensure its affordable in various curcumstances (unemployment etc).

You only need to look at PPI and mortgage lending to see how this is going to pan out.

I have to work with the FCA on a daily basis so I know how they work.

Add in the PRA concern for the lenders and falling car prices and things can't help but change.

This is exactly it. The majority of forum users on here are not where the issue is likely to come from.....although some comments regarding PCP does make you worry a little...!

As for Audi being my next car, I'm really torn. Looks all but certain I'll be getting an S3, but, and I'm not sure if I am that surprised given the general animosity toward the entire ordeal on car forums, but the VAG diesel scandal has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I know there aren't really any manufacturers that can hold the moral high ground, but the systematic and very purposeful cheating really set the bar to new heights about how disgusting this industry can be....

I'm also sick of the franchised approach....it leads to such wide variation across the country, and often a lack of care about the brand and the product they sell....

Again nothin Audi specific there though..

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I thought you'd ordered one already @DrEskimo - was it not due about July / Aug mate?

Yea its due to be built in July, ready for September....but...changes to the finance figures this quarter have made it more expensive. Had I been presented with these new figures I wouldn't have agreed to it...I haven't placed any deposit so wouldn't lose anything by pulling out, other than souring the relationship with my dealer. I'm sure a whiff of me spending more cash with them would repair that fairly quickly though...

I've emailed my dealer, but haven't had a response yet (surprise...). Its making me think 'sod it' and just go back to a cheap used A3 1.4....I'm about as decisive as the most indecisive man trying to decide on a complicated decision...

Reactions: Audi Bairn and richinsoton
No more then likely not for me my next buy will a weekend toy something along the lines of 90s/00s jap, rear wheel drive supra rx7 or a Silvia with daft power.
But as an every day car I don't see my self buying anything else but Audi for a long time to come

Our A3 is having issues and the dealer is fobbing us off. We like the car and brand, but are not impressed with the dealer. Not sure if we will get another Audi.

I was considering changing to Audi, but our experience with the Audi dealer has meant that I have ordered another Golf. I find my VW dealer gives me much better service.

If you are not aware there is another financial crisis coming, then you are not paying attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn and richinsoton
Our A3 is havin

If you are not aware there is another financial crisis coming, then you are not paying attention.

There's always going to be a recession just around the corner lve lived through quite a few.... Now back on topic

Reactions: Audi Bairn, richinsoton and Tom.H
Nope. I had an awkward quantity of faults in 40.000 km only. Actually my car is at the dealer from January because of lubrification system problems. I had to call the tow truck five times in three months. Finally they told me today they will replace the engine at no cost despite the car is no more under warranty. But it is not an acceptable quality.

I think I will be moving soon to a BMW 125i

Love mine will definitely stay with Audi. After sales a bit sh*te but I'll put up with it ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
I dont have any brand loyalty whatsoever.

If I like a certain car, at change time, and it's a sensible purchase (resale/reliability etc).... Then I would choose from Audi RS / BMW M / Merc AMG / Porsche / Jag F Type / Alfa Guilia Clover thingy / Maserati etc .....the one I like best is what I'll buy next.

Couldn't give a flying stuff about brand loyalty.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Hey Mr doom and Gloom lol there will be another recession but not at the moment.... Residuals ate based discounts, higher discount lower residuals
It's easily resolved don't trade your car into Audi simples, sell it,l sold my last car which was on finance and will do the same with my Audi come the time
Jassy

Just read a post from you back in 2016 moaning about your negative equity on the S3 and your bouncy castle ride, and how you won't even buy another Audi again even tho your son works in the industry or w/e and now see your signature saying you've ordered another... Wtf?

They're still bouncy castles from what I've read, and still losing money, no?

The S3 is just too refined and remote for me .... this maybe an option for the future (2018)

1200-L-la-megane-rs-2018-devrait-se-montrer-tres-proche.jpg
I think you've just offended my laptops screen to the point where I hear it shattering.

Reactions: David McQueen
Jassy

Just read a post from you back in 2016 moaning about your negative equity on the S3 and your bouncy castle ride, and how you won't even buy another Audi again even tho your son works in the industry or w/e and now see your signature saying you've ordered another... Wtf?

They're still bouncy castles from what I've read, and still losing money, no?

Yeah negative equity in the first 2 years is something to behold and yeah lve ordered another, everything else l fancied was too expensive l have reached a stage in my life where l am not willing to pay any more a month for a car than "£400 ' which is actually slightly less than l pay now,my car on order ticks far more boxes for me than the last one and should drive a bit better, yeah my son could have got me a nice BMW but no,there not what l like in car and there's nothing else out there at the moment that floats me boat

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Tom.H
Yeah negative equity in the first 2 years is something to behold and yeah lve ordered another, everything else l fancied was too expensive l have reached a stage in my life where l am not willing to pay any more a month for a car than "£400 ' which is actually slightly less than l pay now,my car on order ticks far more boxes for me than the last one and should drive a bit better, yeah my son could have got me a nice BMW but no,there not what l like in car and there's nothing else out there at the moment that floats me boat

I'm nearly at year 2 of my 4 year PCP, and the bouncy castle ride as you put it frustrates me to no end. Especially as I have a lot of B/C roads to cover most of the time, I am no motorway driver. Yes, the interior on the S3's is in my opinion the best you can get. B&O destroys the Harmon Kardon on BMW and most other manufacturers - I mean look at Focus RS. I saw the RS at Goodwood the other weekend, and those poor sods are paying 32K for a RS that shares the same hideous interior as the normal Focus, and they are getting Sony audio for that price - wtf? I mean wtf...

Anyway... Despite the lovely interiors, I can't stand how boring the S3 is to drive, combined with the bouncy suspension. Having read reviews I doubt mag ride would have sorted it out, it seems like a all or nothing scenario (incredibly hard vs incredibly bouncy). I have actually had more fun in a diesel BMW 4 series. I'm looking at the M240i next. Have you not considered that? They might not be as eco as the S3 but they bring a lot more smile to your face, and don't suffer from you hitting the roofline everytime you go over a minor bump in the road.

Not sure now whether there will be any equity left in the S3 at the end of the 4 years. The GFV was set to 15K when I took it out. It's pretty much fully loaded, minus the tech pack/connect.

I thought it was Mag Ride that was meant to have bouncy suspension. I don't feel any bouncy suspension on mine, the ride is a lot better than my old 8P A3. I agree with you about the excitement though, which is why I'm set on going for an RS3 Saloon next. I know it won't be a lot more exciting but I'm happy with everything else on the S3 (Don't like the handling I can deal with that). The other cars I was looking at when buying this were the Golf GTI Clubsport or the Golf R facelift. Maybe the new A45 AMG would interest me but only if they improve their infotainment system and the tablet stuck on the dash.

Reactions: PanamaS3
I'm nearly at year 2 of my 4 year PCP, and the bouncy castle ride as you put it frustrates me to no end. Especially as I have a lot of B/C roads to cover most of the time, I am no motorway driver. Yes, the interior on the S3's is in my opinion the best you can get. B&O destroys the Harmon Kardon on BMW and most other manufacturers - I mean look at Focus RS. I saw the RS at Goodwood the other weekend, and those poor sods are paying 32K for a RS that shares the same hideous interior as the normal Focus, and they are getting Sony audio for that price - wtf? I mean wtf...

Anyway... Despite the lovely interiors, I can't stand how boring the S3 is to drive, combined with the bouncy suspension. Having read reviews I doubt mag ride would have sorted it out, it seems like a all or nothing scenario (incredibly hard vs incredibly bouncy). I have actually had more fun in a diesel BMW 4 series. I'm looking at the M240i next. Have you not considered that? They might not be as eco as the S3 but they bring a lot more smile to your face, and don't suffer from you hitting the roofline everytime you go over a minor bump in the road.

Not sure now whether there will be any equity left in the S3 at the end of the 4 years. The GFV was set to 15K when I took it out. It's pretty much fully loaded, minus the tech pack/connect.

GMFV...£15K my Sportback is £17800....Driven a 430d Xdrive in Silver fully loaded....with all the carbon addenda....Smart very smart and very Expensive though with a rough sounding engine at slow speeds,but there's so many 4 series on the road they makes lamposts seem rare,apart from the M2...the 2 series just doesnt cut it for me...M2.... dont want to pay that sort of money for a car even after a £10k deposit there still well over £500 a month that applies to the RS3 as well ,l dont need that sort of car at my age 54 plus the fact they are **** value for money...no discount that's worth mentioning,my thoughts behind getting another S3 where get one in my own chosen colour which adds a certain uniqueness to it, spec it up with exactly the options l need and desire,my current car was a cancelled order as nice looking as it is,

To sum it up, l wanted the WOW factor but with value for money with a good discount with a very manageable monthly,l have achieved this hopefully lol

As for depreciation l will be into 32 months into my 4 year pcp,when my new car arrives and given its condition and mileage l will sell it for what l owe on it maybe even make a couple quid from it but nothing worth a mention

Reactions: PanamaS3 and 4K
As for depreciation l will be into 32 months into my 4 year pcp,when my new car arrives and given its condition and mileage l will sell it for what l owe on it maybe even make a couple quid from it but nothing worth a mention
I didn't realise you did it over 48 (missed that), at what point did you say the VT was?

GMFV...£15K my Sportback is £17800....Driven a 430d Xdrive in Silver fully loaded....with all the carbon addenda....Smart very smart and very Expensive though with a rough sounding engine at slow speeds,but there's so many 4 series on the road they makes lamposts seem rare,apart from the M2...the 2 series just doesnt cut it for me...M2.... dont want to pay that sort of money for a car even after a £10k deposit there still well over £500 a month that applies to the RS3 as well ,l dont need that sort of car at my age 54 plus the fact they are **** value for money...no discount that's worth mentioning,my thoughts behind getting another S3 where get one in my own chosen colour which adds a certain uniqueness to it, spec it up with exactly the options l need and desire,my current car was a cancelled order as nice looking as it is,

To sum it up, l wanted the WOW factor but with value for money with a good discount with a very manageable monthly,l have achieved this hopefully lol

Yea, I kinda feel the same, but I'm not around your age, haha. I wouldn't want to be spending anywhere near to 500 a month. I'm happy with the performance of the S3. Stats on paper mean very little to me compared to the driveability, fun and comfort of the car. Which is (apart from the suspension, vague steering and turbo lag) what the S3 does best. What deposit have you put into the new one?

Do you sell your car privately then pay off the finance? Don't people get twitchy about that sort of thing?

More than likely another Audi...... but May be swayed by a golf R estate ;)

Reactions: smk82, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
It is interesting to see the voting on this topic so far.

So hard to tell which way I'll go next time around, but it is either a BE A4 or Beemer 3 series for our daily. The S1 will be sticking around for a while. My dad is looking at a beemer at the minute, and having went with him to the BMW garage, I have to say I was impressed with the 3 series touring. I have a good offer on the table for the A4 BE and I am having a 24hr test drive later this week. If I like it and get the monthlies down a bit more then I will go for the A4. Anything less than a good test drive and an extra saving might have me speaking to BMW. All said and done, I'd be surprised if I haven't signed up to the BE A4 within the next week.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
It is interesting to see the voting on this topic so far.

So hard to tell which way I'll go next time around, but it is either a BE A4 or Beemer 3 series for our daily. The S1 will be sticking around for a while. My dad is looking at a beemer at the minute, and having went with him to the BMW garage, I have to say I was impressed with the 3 series touring. I have a good offer on the table for the A4 BE and I am having a 24hr test drive later this week. If I like it and get the monthlies down a bit more then I will go for the A4. Anything less than a good test drive and an extra saving might have me speaking to BMW. All said and done, I'd be surprised if I haven't signed up to the BE A4 within the next week.
I had an offer on a BE A4 saloon in ibis white with folding mirrors and extended led lights, £1k off me came in under £400 pm over 36 months, 10k per year.

Yea, I kinda feel the same, but I'm not around your age, haha. I wouldn't want to be spending anywhere near to 500 a month. I'm happy with the performance of the S3. Stats on paper mean very little to me compared to the driveability, fun and comfort of the car. Which is (apart from the suspension, vague steering and turbo lag) what the S3 does best. What deposit have you put into the new one?

Do you sell your car privately then pay off the finance? Don't people get twitchy about that sort of thing?

I put £9k deposit,l paid £2k prior to ordering then the rest l assume just before l pick the car up,as for selling it privately...l do have the option of paying off the finance then sell but l would rather not do this,doubt l will sell it to a private individual buyer....more like a small specialist dealer that wanted to buy it last year or my sons ex boss/friend may take it off my hands he's the main man for Parks Bentley/Maclaren,they also deal in quality used cars,like BMW/MINI/Maserati ....etc

Yeah vague steering is a real minus point,l have had hot hatch's 2 of Focus ST3,Civic Type R gt,both great cars in there own way...too old for them now....lol

More than likely another Audi...... but May be swayed by a golf R estate ;)

Well I can say that unfortunately I will be leaving the Audi fold for my next car for one of these.. have test driven two and liked the Jekyll/Hyde ability plus the boot space and general responsiveness. Will be used, just have to find the right one!

Looked hard at a used S4 avant but after some long talks with the Mrs, decided just a bit beyond our budget at the moment with all the stuff we want to do on the house. Golf R estate appears to do 98% of everything I need without breaking the bank.. will be back in the future I'm sure though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSS-S3
Spoke too soon just put my deposit down on my next car, it's a toy so the S3 will be still my daily.
Mazda RX7 currently running a respectable 345bhp ...for now :rockwoot:

Spoke too soon just put my deposit down on my next car, it's a toy so the S3 will be still my daily.
Mazda RX7 currently running a respectable 345bhp ...for now :rockwoot:

And here's me thinking an S3 is a toy :eek:

Reactions: Rayner_1704