TDi owners have you bought 1 of these....(chip)

my dad added a tunnibg box on his a6 2.5 tdi v6, it was a 25 bhp gainlike the one in the link it made a big improvement to his car. never had it rolling roaded to prove this, but he was happy with it.

ebay.de is the place you want to get this.i have one and not bad

dont they just make it quicker by fooling the temp sender into thinking the car is cold and making the ecu run in cold settings - making it run rich? cant be good. im interested in the hp gain but worried about side effects.

SteveS said:
dont they just make it quicker by fooling the temp sender into thinking the car is cold and making the ecu run in cold settings - making it run rich? cant be good. im interested in the hp gain but worried about side effects.

i think what your thinkin about is the resistor mod off ebay which plugs into the air temp sensor, where as this is more of a piggy back unit on the ecu.

ive bought this box second hand.

i turnt the adjusting screw clockwise and it makes my car go into limp mode. I turn it down and i cant really feel gains but then again this is just me i dont feel bhp gains aspecially as ive jus sold a faster car then the 1 i got now.

makes car smoke alot so obviously making it run ricker.

I have been running a cheap dragon tuning box in my A4 TDI 110 for a couple of years now, instant large power gain, cant fault it.

Most tuning boxes are just a variable 'resistor mod' in a big empty box.

The main component inside my dragon box does seem to be epoxy resin to hide the component/s.

Running a tuning box will increase combustion/exhaust temp, but i think you would have to try very hard to damage or burn anything.

My ECU is not flashable, but a remap is infinitely superior.

yea my friend has a dragon tuning box too and you can notice gains well.

Well ive set my tdi-tuning box up properly now and i can notice gains, looks like the turbo kicks in at under 2k revs now where as before it only did at 2.5k revs?!

p.s im happy with it but inigoj you said you have a CHEAP dragon box? there not cheap! there the expensive ones cost nearly £300 new! i find them slightly better.

i use PSI tunning boxes , had one on my PD 130 and now on my 2.0 tdi , there simple to fit and give great power gains , just as quoted , ive been using them for over 12 months 20,000 miles now and I havent had one problem, Just a big smile on my face, and the good thing is you can remove it and sell it on , unlike a remap

stevehsv868 said:
the good thing is you can remove it and sell it on , unlike a remap

Thats true but your car would be alot faster than it is now with a remap.

james0808 said:
Thats true but your car would be alot faster than it is now with a remap.

correct it would be quicker , but the only tuning option i was interested in was the superchips bluefin,(with it being switchable) but i dont feel like spending nearly £600,
when I can spend £100 on a second hand PSI chip off ebay, then there is the problem of the DSG, apparently the DSG clutches cannot handles as much torque as the manual version , and seeing as most remapped manuals need a new clutch soon after tuning, I dont fancy having my DSG clutches replaced.
:blackrs4:

You can get a remap tailored to suit your car so you dont get a torque spike which will protect your clutch.My clutch has been fine,no slipping in 10 monts of being remapped.Fingers crossed it will stay ie that.