Audi Baby & Child Seats with ISOFix Base

burnsy79

2018 SQ5 Driver
Reaction score
All,

Excuse the semi serious nature of this chat, but been on a forum search and been through Google and cannot find a thing. :disappointed:

My wife is due in October and we've been looking at car seats for our S3 Sportback 8V that will also fit in the BMW 330e.

I spotted that Audi have separate baby and child seats that both fit in the ISOFix base. Problem is that I cant find any info or reviews on them?!

Does anyone know who manufactures them for Audi (Recaro, Maxi-Cozy etc.)? Anyone any links to a review?

As I say, I've scoured Google and had a search on here, sorry if I have missed anything.

Cheers,

Burnsy

Reactions: Sandra
Hi,

Congrats on new family member soon arrival.
My wife is due mid November with our second one, so finger crossed for both of them.

I think it will be better for you two to get the base and car seat by a reputable brand. And from a good shop.
Higher chances for eventual warranty issues problem solving as supposed to audi.

I'm sure Audi would not sell anything with low spec, cheaply made or not up to the requirements of safety but I think those bits are still in their "accessory" section. Might be wrong but I wouldn't personally buy it from them for a new born.
Maybe for the older child but cost then is an issue.
Within the same price you could get a proper car seat from a higher shelf rather normal car seat with four rings on it.

My 2,5 yo is driven around in Joie stages car seat from he's birth. Paid £179 back then from Argos. I did my research and as long it is covered by the manufacturers and trader, I'm happy and my child is safe.
It is for children group 0+,1,2 and 3. This means: from birth to 12yo (36kg if not wrong).
We will be getting another one of those but stages 1,2 and 3 only, as older one will get into it and the first car seat will be readapted back to stage 0 for the new born.

Also, isofix bases can increase height slightly of the seating position for the child. It is not an issue for them at all but it will be for you and your other half to put them in the seat when they older.
This car seat We've got, is like with it's own base, as it's tilt into the position of a baby car seat so it is not low. Our son is taller as for he's age and We have difficulties already to lift him into the car seat through the door opening. How is it going to be later?

Go to few High Street shops or proper baby supply shops and speak to staff about it.
Assume it is your first one so you'll understand it all. There is time for that and in the future you'll start talking to other dad's about silly things your baby/child is doing or what you're proud of.
I was talking to my wife's friends about breasfeeding, nipple's and all that, for 20minutes before realising I just met them. Lol

I'm sorry but I would not be able to give you an answer you're looking for. But for your own good, piece of mind and child's safety, better speak with someone who knows all about car seats not CARS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Congrats on new family member soon arrival.
My wife is due mid November with our second one, so finger crossed for both of them.

I think it will be better for you two to get the base and car seat by a reputable brand. And from a good shop.
Higher chances for eventual warranty issues problem solving as supposed to audi.

I'm sure Audi would not sell anything with low spec, cheaply made or not up to the requirements of safety but I think those bits are still in their "accessory" section. Might be wrong but I wouldn't personally buy it from them for a new born.
Maybe for the older child but cost then is an issue.
Within the same price you could get a proper car seat from a higher shelf rather normal car seat with four rings on it.

My 2,5 yo is driven around in Joie stages car seat from he's birth. Paid £179 back then from Argos. I did my research and as long it is covered by the manufacturers and trader, I'm happy and my child is safe.
It is for children group 0+,1,2 and 3. This means: from birth to 12yo (36kg if not wrong).
We will be getting another one of those but stages 1,2 and 3 only, as older one will get into it and the first car seat will be readapted back to stage 0 for the new born.

Also, isofix bases can increase height slightly of the seating position for the child. It is not an issue for them at all but it will be for you and your other half to put them in the seat when they older.
This car seat We've got, is like with it's own base, as it's tilt into the position of a baby car seat so it is not low. Our son is taller as for he's age and We have difficulties already to lift him into the car seat through the door opening. How is it going to be later?

Go to few High Street shops or proper baby supply shops and speak to staff about it.
Assume it is your first one so you'll understand it all. There is time for that and in the future you'll start talking to other dad's about silly things your baby/child is doing or what you're proud of.
I was talking to my wife's friends about breasfeeding, nipple's and all that, for 20minutes before realising I just met them. Lol

I'm sorry but I would not be able to give you an answer you're looking for. But for your own good, piece of mind and child's safety, better speak with someone who knows all about car seats not CARS.

Kris, thanks very much for the very detailed response.

We have been to Mothercare and Mamas & Papas a few times to look and our front runners were Maxi-Cozi car seat and Silver Cross travel system.

Only reason we considered the Audi set was the fact that it ticks all the safety tests, has a 2 way isofix base and is currently on offer with Audi.

Cheers,

David

Kris, thanks very much for the very detailed response.

We have been to Mothercare and Mamas & Papas a few times to look and our front runners were Maxi-Cozi car seat and Silver Cross travel system.

Only reason we considered the Audi set was the fact that it ticks all the safety tests, has a 2 way isofix base and is currently on offer with Audi.

Cheers,

David

Also, meant to say - Congrats on your second!

Reactions: Sandra and KrisKrk
Thank you David.
Second scan today

As long you happy with your choice and your child is safe, what's most important, than good.

We only have one car and think have different situation. If you want to change car seat between your and your missus car than it helps to have bases and clip in the car seat.

I'm sure you could phone Audi and ask them for detailed info on manufacturer and all that to be sure.

All the best to both and all three of you.

Thank you David.
Second scan today

As long you happy with your choice and your child is safe, what's most important, than good.

We only have one car and think have different situation. If you want to change car seat between your and your missus car than it helps to have bases and clip in the car seat.

I'm sure you could phone Audi and ask them for detailed info on manufacturer and all that to be sure.

All the best to both and all three of you.

All good! You keeping it a surprise or you gonna ask for the sex?

You must be kidding, last Audi I bought I think I knew more than the Audi dealer about power, trim and spec in general!

I went online for a chat on the webpage and they knew nothing last night.

Burnsy

Reactions: KrisKrk

You must be kidding, last Audi I bought I think I knew more than the Audi dealer about power, trim and spec in general!

Burnsy

Hahahaha. Good one.
It is a rare case that customer knows more than a customer service. You should ask for a position there.
I'm near Audi West London but for emission update went elsewhere. Got impression from this huge dealership in Brentford, they keep their heads in their's rear's. So ***** and sarcastic been that time. Just recently been there to pick up a part and a guy from part dept. waited for me few minutes as stuck in traffic. It was already 5:05 and still polite, professional service. Something must've changed or new people employed.

As for the baby, yes We do want a second surprise. Just came back from the hospital and the baby is 10/10. All healthy and going good.
Have a half of the wardrobe with clothes from our first boy so it would be good to have a second boy. Nearly same birth time so it would match.
Really wouldn't want to change the stuff for a pink one's but if The Almighty bless us with one, so be it.

Are you going to find out the gender?

Burnsy

Pahaha, not sure if it's just me but all the quotes are coming up blank so when I read "you gonna ask for the sex?" I was thinking Audi dealerships were offering an additional service.

Edit: Ah think it is just me :frown: seems to show quotes in Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer but not Chrome... although I am using Chrome Dev so maybe it's just some new experimental thing Google has messed up.

Pahaha, not sure if it's just me but all the quotes are coming up blank so when I read "you gonna ask for the sex?" I was thinking Audi dealerships were offering an additional service.

Some dealerships have a potential for "that kind" of service as very pretty ladies work there :whistle2:

Reactions: burnsy79 and Sandra
Hahahaha. Good one.
It is a rare case that customer knows more than a customer service. You should ask for a position there.
I'm near Audi West London but for emission update went elsewhere. Got impression from this huge dealership in Brentford, they keep their heads in their's rear's. So ***** and sarcastic been that time. Just recently been there to pick up a part and a guy from part dept. waited for me few minutes as stuck in traffic. It was already 5:05 and still polite, professional service. Something must've changed or new people employed.

As for the baby, yes We do want a second surprise. Just came back from the hospital and the baby is 10/10. All healthy and going good.
Have a half of the wardrobe with clothes from our first boy so it would be good to have a second boy. Nearly same birth time so it would match.
Really wouldn't want to change the stuff for a pink one's but if The Almighty bless us with one, so be it.

Ha ha! Only if they gave me an R8 home each night!

Great news!

The wife is nearly 38 weeks so we had our second scan a few weeks now and didn't ask. Surprise for us too.

Sunday for the baby seat and travel system I think...

Reactions: KrisKrk and Sandra
Ha ha! Only if they gave me an R8 home each night!

Great news!

The wife is nearly 38 weeks so we had our second scan a few weeks now and didn't ask. Surprise for us too.

Sunday for the baby seat and travel system I think...
Sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead David. Congrats in advance for the new arrival. :) x

Reactions: burnsy79 and KrisKrk
Hahahaha. Good one.

Not long for you to wait for baby no.2. As long as baby and your wife are ok, that's all that matters. (Sshh btw, boys are better, I didn't say that) lol. :) x

One thing to think about is the car seat adaptors for buggies/prams. With a lot of the main brands, there are often adaptors that will allow the car baby seat to be used with a buggy. Saves having to transfer them from the car seat to the pram (often waking them up in the process!).

Not long for you to wait for baby no.2. As long as baby and your wife are ok, that's all that matters. (Sshh btw, boys are better, I didn't say that) lol. :) x
Thank you Sandra. So far my boy is hyper and all over the place. Hard to calm him down. Would love to have a girl as this is a perfect family picture. On the other hand, already have experience with a boy.
Yes, you're right. As long as all of us are healthy, it'll be fine. Hope so are you;)

@cyhliu that is also fair point. Just had a chat with my wife about it. Our buggy can take car seat with adapters but I wouldn't go for the isofix base.

Congrats to all expecting DADS.

This will not help but something I noticed early doors is that every baby is different! Yes - I am that sharp! some are short, some are tall, some are skinny and some are erm....cuddly! I waited (not for the first seat because I needed to get the little man home) before I bought the second seat because he changed so much in the first 12-18 months that some of the options I was considering at the outset would have been unsuitable.

Guess what I am saying is, there is no magic solution. Buy one that ticks the boxes safety and compatibility etc, but don't stress too much about it. Baby won't complain and when another comes up that you like the look of, change it.

All the very best in your journey!!! Life as you know is about to change (for the better!)

Reactions: KrisKrk and Sandra
I got maxi cosi axis and im so happy with it. And the swivel makes such an easy job sitting my son in place .
7ddc851b1759d802ad76bd0a00bae42d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk