S3 and tt rear diff

graham d'arcy

Reaction score
guys sorry if I'm repeating old posts or this is a silly question. And if anyone has a link to my question already answered please do link me because I can't find the specific answers I'm looking for.

I have an amk s3.

My mate has a mark 1 BAM tt. He's selling it for parts and I'd like to take it.

I basically want to know if the whole rear diff and related haldex bits etc are the same, if the turbo is the same fitting because I know the BAM may have some small differences especially in the tt.

Lambda sensors fuel pumps etc.

And most importantly if the gearbox is the same.

And when I say the same. I mean straight swap into my s3, no major bits or different fittings needed.

Thanks in advance and sorry again if this is a stupid question.

Essentially the same yes... TT propshaft is shorter than the S3 if you were thinking of using it...

Might be a couple of subtle differences in the engine... from what I remember the coolant hard pipe that runs round the the block from the back of the water pump to the heater matrix may be different...

Engine, box and diff are the same physically... BAM is an AMK with a couple more horsepower... and certainly nothing as special as the interweb experts make them out to be

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tuffty,

Fuel pump the same do you know?

I've a bit of hesitation in my AMK engine which i want to test the fuel pump for, before i shell out 300 bux for one, would be ideal if i could just swap it from the TT to verify.

...or use the links in the stickies to the online catalog of Audi partnumbers

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tj 0785