Climate control buttons

Gavin thyvhhh

Reaction score
Just managed to get a second hand climate control unit
But it has like many others worn buttons
Has anyone ever done the stickers mod where it looks presentable or do I need to get an a4 unit to take apart or is their another option
Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the sticker option on mine. It look the bad look of them an if u get them.on right to me mine look fine.

Very tempted to go down this route do you have any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20170715 181350
They look better when the lights are on. If i remember later ill take another one.

Reactions: Pete2013
I'd get buttons or replace the unit completely the a3 ones don't fade like the s3 ones different finishes if I remember right s3 is a soul black a3 is just black ( I'm sure that's what @Tuffty told me when I done my double din conversion )

Any facelift model. When I was doing my double din conversion there was only one double din climate unit with heated seat controls on eBay and it was £200 got mine from a a3 in Sweden for £70 delivered
http://en.bildelsbasen.se/
Plus you are not paying over the odds because it's Got s3 in the title

Reactions: hydro s3
A4 B5 climate unit also has the same buttons. Not soft touch obviously but plain black.

THIS for sure! Find a crap yard or someone breaking a car and dismantle your own and pop these in. Most cost effective way possible.
A4 B5 climate unit also has the same buttons. Not soft touch obviously but plain black.

If the b5 unit is not soul black the buttons will be a different colour from your unit if you haven't got heated seats the double din a3 unit are cheap and easier to come by than the s3 ones

Reactions: IPG
when there aren't that many choices - you go with what you find LOL

we don't have 1000 8L's a day breaking like you guys!

Saying that tho if all buttons were changed it wouldn't look out of place
If you have got heated seats try the colder countries where heated seats were more common saved me a fortune

If the b5 unit is not soul black the buttons will be a different colour from your unit if you haven't got heated seats the double din a3 unit are cheap and easier to come by than the s3 ones

Agreed. But it doesn't look too bad, certainly not as bad as worn out buttons.

Attachments

• IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    309.1 KB · Views: 532
Reactions: IPG