Facelift Auto wipers random after new screen

Wxm

Reaction score
IMG 4796
would this cause the auto wipers not to be so sensitive?

Yes. They need to replace the sensor (or at the very least the gelatin that is on top of the sensor) when replacing the windscreen. If there is any gap between the sensor and the windscreen the system will not work correctly.

Reactions: Wxm, DJAlix and Audi Bairn
Who replaced your screen? I've got a new one being fitted next week

I don't know mate. I had vandalism damage and it was reparied by VW dealer bodyshop however they got people in to do the screen.

Yes. They need to replace the sensor (or at the very least the gelatin that is on top of the sensor) when replacing the windscreen. If there is any gap between the sensor and the windscreen the system will not work correctly.
They put a new sensor on apparently. It's just not very sensitive in light rain. Almost as if the sensitivity adjustment on the wiper stalk doesn't do anything !

They put a new sensor on apparently. It's just not very sensitive in light rain. Almost as if the sensitivity adjustment on the wiper stalk doesn't do anything !

From the image you attached, it looks to me the sensor is not fully attached to the windscreen? The upper left side shows the previous gel remains from the old sensor (unless that is on the outside? Hard to tell). You could remove the interior trim surround and simply press it firmly into place. If you go that far I would make sure the retaining bracket is properly installed.

To be honest, if it is not working to factory specs you should take it back and have them look at it. It is a safety related item as it also turns the headlights on when the selector is in the"Auto" position.

Reactions: Wxm