Retro fit RNSE 2nd generation (led) inc Bluetooth streaming and 2017 maps for £999

Morph1ous

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, I'm looking to replace my Audi Symphony for a 2nd gen RNSE so I can stream music via Bluetooth, have track info displayed and steering wheel controls. Does £999 fitted seem a little steep to anyone other than me?
Cheers, Phil.

yes lol rnse 450 ish? maps are or were £20 from ebay , no idea how much the streaming bit is

Phil ping me a pm we offer these services

Hi @Morph1ous - thats crazy money.

The RNS-E itself won't play music via bluetooth - you'll still need an adapter such as http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ViseeO-Tu...404346&hash=item1a1a307717:g:iWkAAOSwU-pXvsvB which plugs into the AMI (Audi Music Interface) which, if you have, is housed in the glove box.

The ViseeO can be controlled via steering wheel but I can't remember if details are on the DIS.

FWIW, maybe look at the Pioneer CarPlay/Android Auto or the Android powered head units - you'll get more than the RNSE gives you.

Thanks for the responces guys, a Kenwood DDX-8016DABS was suggested to me. Has anyone got one of these? Any feedback on how good they are? DAB would be a benefit obviously. There doesn't appear to be many reviews online.

Right Guys, this is really confusing me now. I have found this: https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/con...nwards-double-din-car-stereo-fitting-kit.html (picture below). From what I can tell and can someone please confirm?
  • This includes everything I need for CANBUS?
  • And BOSE adaptor?

I asked the website but got a one word reply saying yes and I'm not convinced as I was quoted much more from a guy fitting it.
Also I have been quoted £350 to provide and install a hidden DAB aerial/antenna. Now I have a 09 S3 8P. it has a pan roof and currently no shark fin or any external aerial. I'd like to keep it this way, so could someone please tell me?

• Where is the OEM DAB aerial located on my model car? would it be a shark fin? is it in the bumper? wing mirror? that funny bit of plastic you see above the internal mirror on some cars?

upload_2017-8-17_10-10-51-png.133928

Unless I'm completely mistaken there isn't a OEM DAB in the 8P. There was a 'satellite' radio option but I'm not too sure what this is. Most who fit an after market DAB run the wire up the passenger A pillar and stick the receiver to the top left of the window.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morph1ous
You wont believe how happy this makes me that you have told me this! It's been driving me mad looking for it, and now you say it kind of makes sense. I suppose now I have to look at what an alternative to the window sticker might be.