Aftermarket Radio Wiring Help

Not_Sean

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my Single DIN radio was going into Phone mode basically creating a ground out and killing my battery. so after a big bit of cash at a auto electrician they confirmed it was the radio so had them yank it out for me and its been two weeks of no radio while I make plans.

Well my Sony HU arrived as well as the Trim plate and adapter harness. just waiting on the Antenna converter.

as I will have to cut and solder+Heatshrink the HU harness to the adapters, the nice thing there is it all looks pretty straight forware, the 8 speaker wires match up no problem, what I'm left with on the HU wiring is Blue/White, Black, Red, Yellow just those 4, but on the adapter harness I'm left with Blue/White (its on a long *** wire with a bullet connector joining it?) Black, Red, Yellow and now the confusing part a solid blue and a Orange wire, so two extra, I guess one could be for the dimming feature the stock radio has.

My two question is, is it just black-black, yellow-yellow, Red-Red and Blue/White to Blue white.

Can I just leave out the solid blue and orange wires ?

I just had a Concert2 Unit

Attachments

• IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    704.1 KB · Views: 95
why you cutting cables instead of using normal adapter?

why you cutting cables instead of using normal adapter?

For some retarded reason, Apparently all radios sold in NZ come like that. This one was brand new and when I asked the guys at work they said they all come like that.

http://knowledge.sonicelectronix.co...-installation/wiring-harness-color-standards/

Have a look at this mate. Blue is generally for the aerial and orange for illumination / dimmer

Thanks man, Yeah blue could be as there as a "Band Expander" wired in, it does not a kinda normal antenna plug I just had to get the converter for it.

Ganna take a crack at it tomorrow since all my parts are here.

Update, Got it wired in, 1 Wire must be swapped and a new wire installed,

The Red from the HU side goes to the Yellow from the Adapter loom, and the Yellow from the HU side goes to a fresh wire to the fuse box (Good Youtube video on this) I was lucky that the Japs had installed a phone charger behind the dash so cut it out and used it power wire.

Only two funny things happening now, The rear speakers are going but sound a bit soft and can't really feel the Sub going at all, Thinking the solid Blue wire is the Remote wire for the Amp for the Sub, Can anyone confirm this ?

The Orange is worked out is the Dimmer which my HU doesn't feature, but not when I try dim the dash it flickers and stays at ~80% bright, when I don't touch it it stays on solid so not really a issue there.

And last thing, when I turn the car off I get a series of beeps from the speakers, I don't know if this is the HU or the Car but good news is no battery drain like my old HU so I'm pretty happy.