Front Splitter for the Audi Facelift 8V A3(SL)/S3 by Method Effects

MethodEffects

Reaction score
Hi there forum! I am Andrew with Method Effects. We have just recently began development on the Audi Facelift 8V chassis and are completing our first bit, the front splitter!

method-logo-2.png

Product Information: .method Audi Facelift 8V Front Splitter
Instagram:@methodeffects
Facebook:@MethodEffectsLLC

Just thought I would drop by to show off some pictures of our installed product and to answer any questions you folks may have regarding it.

We are accepting pre-orders starting this Friday, 7/28/17. There will be limited availability following our 5-7 week lead time, so grab yours before they run out!

Again, if you have any questions - do not hesitate to reach out!

s867435637649235225_p14_i46_w2560.png

s867435637649235225_p14_i36_w2048.png

s867435637649235225_p14_i38_w2048.png

s867435637649235225_p14_i37_w2048.png

s867435637649235225_p14_i44_w2048.png

s867435637649235225_p14_i43_w2048.png

Reactions: Sve, PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and 6 others
Bump! Pre-orders start in 5 hours!

Reactions: Muttley75
Looks good!

You mention no holes in the bumper... How exactly is that achieved? Or you'd prefer not to say?

Reuses existing holes for the under tray or similar?

Looks good!

You mention no holes in the bumper... How exactly is that achieved? Or you'd prefer not to say?

Reuses existing holes for the under tray or similar?

Thanks for the question. We opted to use 3M VHB automotive double sided tape around the painted portion of the bumper, and utilized the undercover for mounting points by means of tapping screws and bolt/nut combos. No holes in the paint was definitely a must for us in the design process.

Reactions: azibux1 and FBF01
looks awesome, what is the price please?

Reactions: MethodEffects
$399 and then shipping and import duties (if int the UK) on top of that. I'll skip it for now. Interesting to see what it looks like on a brighter colour of car.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Schizophonic and MethodEffects
$399 and then shipping and import duties (if int the UK) on top of that. I'll skip it for now. Interesting to see what it looks like on a brighter colour of car.

Totally understand! We are comping a big chunk of the shipping fee to make it affordable across the pond, not to mention the introductory pricing as it sits. But you're right, we can't wait to see what colors people match it up with!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Thanks for the question. We opted to use 3M VHB automotive double sided tape around the painted portion of the bumper, and utilized the undercover for mounting points by means of tapping screws and bolt/nut combos. No holes in the paint was definitely a must for us in the design process.
Cool thanks! Appreciate the response and info. Hope it goes well!

Far too expensive, it's not even carbon! :chargrined:

Fair enough! We're sorry you feel that way, but the materials we use are top notch and we actually prefer the gloss black to carbon. But to each their own! We appreciate your input!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Ordered mine too!
From the pictures it seems to be the right touch for the S3 8V to look mean.

Reactions: MethodEffects and DJAlix
Don't know why you didn't post price at the start of the thread? And also are unregistered traders allowed to advertise their products/services?

Reactions: DJAlix
Don't know why you didn't post price at the start of the thread? And also are unregistered traders allowed to advertise their products/services?

An admin has reached out to us and we are going to iron out those details.

Reactions: Sandra
What are those wheels? I like them?... the alloys...

Reactions: S32B and MethodEffects

And we are now a Site Sponsor! Cheers!

Reactions: AudiSpy, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Method Effects has joined our forum as a site sponsor. Welcome aboard and Thank You for your patience while we sorted this out over the different time zones.

Reactions: PanamaS3, Forbzeeee, AudiSpy and 5 others
I want to change the wheels on my Navarra BE - I think black will look great and also accentuate the red break callipers.

But not sure what to go for. I like the look of the new RS3 saloon wheels - they are around £700 each but would need new tyres due to the size difference on the rears. The problem is I don’t like the obvious look of alloys bought separately not made by the car maker. I feel its not a great look to have some random wheel company logo on there.

It is also really hard to know what looks good.

I want to change the wheels on my Navarra BE - I think black will look great and also accentuate the red break callipers.

But not sure what to go for. I like the look of the new RS3 saloon wheels - they are around £700 each but would need new tyres due to the size difference on the rears. The problem is I don’t like the obvious look of alloys bought separately not made by the car maker. I feel its not a great look to have some random wheel company logo on there.

It is also really hard to know what looks good.
I thought you could get the Audi logo to fit the middle/cover the nuts!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
@DJAlix , this will look wicked on your car.

As for the product, looks proper and durable. Website is also looking well.
@MethodEffects , will you be expanding the range of products, i.e. application of that slitter across the Audi car range?

Reactions: MethodEffects and Sandra
Hi there forum! I am Andrew with Method Effects. We have just recently began development on the Audi Facelift 8V chassis and are completing our first bit, the front splitter!

method-logo-2.png

Just thought I would drop by to show off some pictures of our installed product and to answer any questions you folks may have regarding it.

We are accepting pre-orders starting this Friday, 7/28/17. There will be limited availability following our 5-7 week lead time, so grab yours before they run out!

Appearance-wise I really like it. Gives the car a more aggressive look but done subtly without being tacky or in your face.
Can't wait see some of the pics when members on here fit theirs.

Reactions: MethodEffects and Sandra
Appearance-wise I really like it. Gives the car a more aggressive look but done subtly without being tacky or in your face.
Can't wait see some of the pics when members on here fit theirs.
We'll find out when @DJAlix will fit it on he's White motor.

You're right with a look of it @Audi Bairn . It is subtle and definitely add more aggressive look to a car.
This is also the reason I asked, if they expand the range for other Audi models as would be interested. Not a fan of glossy finish but that can be taken care of.

Reactions: MethodEffects and Audi Bairn
@KrisKrk @Audi Bairn
Thank you so much for your feedback. At this time we do not know the path we will take next for any particular Audi model, but if we see enough demand then we will totally consider it. We will branch out our product line to diffusers and spoilers, with the diffuser being the next focus for the facelift 8V S3.

On another note, thank you for noticing our subtle yet aggressive styling. That was our entire goal, and I am glad we met expectations. Check out our Instagram @methodeffects for different angles, we try to post regularly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and KrisKrk

method-logo-2.png

Would be interested, if I had a FL. Sadly I'm still at PFL stage of my life Good luck though, looks great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
this looks awesome, i will order mine asap :) what is the cost to Spain and timings? because is not yet in production?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

this looks awesome, i will order mine asap :) what is the cost to Spain and timings? because is not yet in production?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Hi @dzeta , we have pricing and an order form available on our website. Please submit the requested information there and we will get back to you ASAP! :)

Just click 'Order Now" from the item page to be taken to the order form. http://www.methodeffects.com/audi-facelift-8v-front-splitter.html

For all other viewers, the order form is temporary and we will bring back the real-time calculated shipping soon.

Been told a price could be worked out on a shipment of 5+ on this nice little splitter. Currently, shipped to the UK for a single 1, not including import duties is close to £400 with today's current exchange rate.
Andrew has worked out a substantial saving from $506.35 to $395 delivered to UK which is a total of $600 saving across 5 pieces

I really want one and will buy one nonetheless, but if I can get a better price with a few people grouping in, it's got to be worth the try.

Anybody?

EDIT
import duties and delivery UK side will need to included on top.

Last edited:
Been told a price could be worked out on a shipment of 5+ on this nice little splitter. Currently, shipped to the UK for a single 1, not including import duties is close to £400 with today's current exchange rate.
Andrew has worked out a substantial saving from $506.35 to $395 delivered to UK which is a total of $600 saving across 5 pieces

I really want one and will buy one nonetheless, but if I can get a better price with a few people grouping in, it's got to be worth the try.

Anybody?

EDIT
import duties and delivery UK side will need to included on top.

I'd be interested definitely

Reactions: S1Pete, MethodEffects and seanbeckerleg