Transfer Box and Rear Diff Oils

dandav1985

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello Lads and Lasses,

Would anyone happen to know the what oil is to used on my S3 9V Transfer Box and Diff? and liters, I'll be doing these at the same time as the Haldex and S-Tronic Oil.

If I remember the 8P was 75w-90 about .7 in the diff and .9 ltr in the Transfer Box

Cheers Dan

Haway lads,

Someone must know what the Oil is for the diff and transfer Box?? Audi are saying its a sealed for life unit. I wanting to change the Oil

Cheers

Haway lads,

Someone must know what the Oil is for the diff and transfer Box?? Audi are saying its a sealed for life unit. I wanting to change the Oil

Cheers

Take a look at these threads... might be what your looking for or someone on those threads might atleast be able to offer some advice

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/haldex-clutch-fluid-change.309994/#post-2927118

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/automatic-transmission-fluid-change.321167/#post-2985294

Jungle

Hello, Thanks for the reply. But I'm wanting to know the oil grade in the transfer box and rear diff. They are different to the dsg oil and Haldex clutch oil.

Haway lads,

Cheers
Defo not sealed, I had mine changed in November & getting done again next Saturday

Defo not sealed, I had mine changed in November & getting done again next Saturday

Thats what I was thinking, But was the recommended from Audi Tyneside. So am I right for thinking that the 8P was 75w-90 about .7 in the diff and .9 ltr in the Transfer Box. This the same in the 8v.

Cheers Dan

Go onto Facebook and look up dh Automotive, Dave Henderson is an Audi master tech, he's really helpful, will point you in the right direction to what you need :)

Reactions: sjbarneS3 and dandav1985