What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

I shouted at it...

Lwnk

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Put some spanking new b14s on all round. No brainer really. Front strut boots worn and audi wanted £450.... Yes you read that right...to change the rubber cover so thats how I justified the bilsteins . They feel great after first drive. Not bedded in yet. I thought the rear felt a bit loose with stock. Mechanic said he could compress the rear passenger strut manually so winner winner question now is whether to keep the spacers on the 18s or go for the 19s and put up with the rubbing again....answers on a postcard peeps....

18's all day long, better ride, better choice of tyre.

Reactions: S., Justin Parry and Daveyonthemove
I agree.
I had 19's on my Focus ST and whilst they looked really good, they chipped due to a pot hole within a month of collecting the car. I was gutted.
I also felt rough surfaces far more in that car than I do in the S3 on 18's

Reactions: Justin Parry
Put some spanking new b14s on all round. No brainer really. Front strut boots worn and audi wanted £450.... Yes you read that right...to change the rubber cover so thats how I justified the bilsteins . They feel great after first drive. Not bedded in yet. I thought the rear felt a bit loose with stock. Mechanic said he could compress the rear passenger strut manually so winner winner question now is whether to keep the spacers on the 18s or go for the 19s and put up with the rubbing again....answers on a postcard peeps....

You mean the front strut after the lowewered springs are fitted not the rear, the rears don’t need compression to remove

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And more noise?

Noise is subjective.
I was in a different car (newer) with different tyres fitted (Michelin Sport contact 3/Uniroyal Rainsport 3) with different tyre size.
Comparing them noise wise would be unfair.

Replaced pcv valve, oil filter, engine oil, pollen filter.

Gave the outside a good clean cos of bird poo.

Don’t think the pollen filter was ever done.

This weekend is full interior clean and shampoo

Attachments

• AE750784-2822-4DB4-98B1-D7597D578687.jpeg
    AE750784-2822-4DB4-98B1-D7597D578687.jpeg
    720.1 KB · Views: 292
f129ebbbcdd136503b73120beb47146c.jpg

Popped in some fan washers

979b165f5c7074e913be12b8a4ec4591.jpg

Went for the heated version but the heated bit doesn’t fit the 8p so will put the others back in the winter definitely don’t need them now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: S. and Daveyonthemove
Picture speaks for itself and she looks nice again
20180705 162604 1440x1920

Reactions: Adeel43, Daveyonthemove and mechanic69
changed spark plugs and fitted cruise control.

during
EeQszaz.jpg

after
FzxWGGu.jpg

total cost was £31.50 for the stalks. didnt buy a lower cowl, just dremeled the original. coded with my vcp cable, then tested. brilliant

Reactions: ab1702, maxpayne and ch1z64
was on a roll today. 3 jobs done in less than 24 hours.

wanted a dashcam, but had a couple requirements.
1. it had to be discreet. having a dashcam is useless if it means someone might break into the car to get it, and stowing it away after each use wasnt an option.
2. it had to be hardwired, didnt want one with a usb type connector which was on show. just wanted something that could be set up and left until needed.

came across the jooyfact a1 on aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/JOO...l?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.15.106280f8W1qvKX

after watching youtube videos on it, reading translated russian sites and viewing a lot of install pics, i settled on the a1 in the all black colour. week later it arrived.

its a wifi dashcam, meaning you can either take the videos off by taking out the memory card and accessing on pc, or connect to the cams wifi and use the lerccenker app on your phone to download the videos. the app is also used to control the camera, eg. change settings.

onto the pics

b3KDrr6.jpg

3VLEvmm.jpg

slJPjel.jpg

BEGcovP.jpg

YYqQNHX.jpg

fXBKnrF.jpg

Reactions: S. and maxpayne
Took my S3 for an MOT and the tester said could I drive whilst he did the deaccelerometer test as they can’t test the brakes on 4wd cars on the rollers for some reason.
No worries as I have a ticket for another 12 months.

You mean the front strut after the lowewered springs are fitted not the rear, the rears don’t need compression to remove

I meant the rear shock was broken Nothing to do with fitting or removal

Excuse the state of the footwell but these turned up from China today...
7fd54a8bedf22bd5ce3d0c838a614d5e.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dp_motley
Excuse the state of the footwell but these turned up from China today...
7fd54a8bedf22bd5ce3d0c838a614d5e.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
These are the covers, also for the gas pedal, aren't they?
I bought the covers from Allegro.pl last summer, they still look fine.

Small interior details.

Attachments

• 20180713_194708.jpg
    20180713_194708.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 20180713_175233.jpg
    20180713_175233.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 274
Reactions: dp_motley and christos.pap.7
Drover over 600 miles at the weekend, and then spent approx 6 hours (over two days) washing, claying, polishing and waxing.
Had to start late last night to avoid heat, and then got up 5am to re-wash it and complete the rest of the job.

Drover over 600 miles at the weekend, and then spent approx 6 hours (over two days) washing, claying, polishing and waxing.
Had to start late last night to avoid heat, and then got up 5am to re-wash it and complete the rest of the job.
Lets see it Davey :thumbs up: don't tell us it's White and hiding in the background :welcoming:

At work now, so can't share the photo's until I get home.
If you are desperate to see them you can look at my instagram: dj.aerialcreations

A little but further with the light build! One down one to go!
Screenshot 20180716 205618 Video Player
Screenshot 20180716 205541 Video Player
Screenshot 20180716 205646 Video Player
Screenshot 20180716 205745 Video Player

Reactions: S., ch1z64, Daveyonthemove and 1 other person
Finally got round to fitting the door open warning lights and puddle lights today supplied by Robin A3.
Excellent bits of kit and had the whole lot fitted and coded in 90 mins not that it was a race , did stop once or twice to watch the warm ups for BSB at Brands tomorrow :)

Reactions: dp_motley
Got left-rear door window tint replaced on Tuesday by warranty. The tint was applied last summer and peeled off on the lower edge after 4 month but I didn't have time to call and fix it earlier despite it was bad for my OCD :) It fixed and looks good again :)

Also, I re-started a "8V centre armrest to 8P project" and all goes well. I hope to try it on today.

Reactions: S. and maxpayne
Washed mine on Friday, it rained 3 hours later.
Drove out to Broadway tower to meet a mate on saturday and have a look around his 3 week old Mustang, and saw some stunning cars coming and going while we were there.
Today (Sunday) re-installed dashcam as I wasn't happy with the amount of missing footage down to a suspected power issue. Took no more than 25 mins to remove, rewire and re-install.

f129ebbbcdd136503b73120beb47146c.jpg

Popped in some fan washers

979b165f5c7074e913be12b8a4ec4591.jpg

Went for the heated version but the heated bit doesn’t fit the 8p so will put the others back in the winter definitely don’t need them now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I fitted heated ones - it was a straight swap ...

Last edited:
8955e7c2f8e8da1f411648f1b460c932.jpg

That’s my old one, does the heated bit come off, there a couple of small tabs, still don’t see it fitting tho

I did this a few weeks ago. I did fit the heated ones, but the amount of available cable made it an extremely tight fit, and I'm yet to discover if I may have put too much strain on the wiring. I'll let you know in the winter, although as it's the passenger side that is tight, I can live with it if it doesn't heat up on that side.

Finally, I retrofitted the 8V armrest to my 8PA :) it's so much better than the original one, because unlike the 8P one, the 8V armrest doesn't stay in a way when you shift gears on a manual car or when you turn 90 degrees in a city and have to work steering wheel with both hands. With the 8P one I had to lift my right elbow unnaturally or lift the armrest and don't use it at all. The 8V armrest has a low nose and doesn't cause those issues. Another advantage of the 8V armrest is that you can extent it forward and add more place for both your and your passenger elbow. And did I say that it blends better in the S-line interior with those (fake, but who cares) stitches?

Here are a few pics: extended forward and shoved back.

8V armrest to 8P   down extended
8V armrest to 8P   down back

Reactions: bdosantos, samuelh_888, lea323ci and 1 other person
That looks nice. For your next mod you should move the steering wheel to the correct side, and then it would be spot on!
;)

Reactions: paddy, ch1z64, mechanic69 and 2 others