Do you let the dealer wash your car?

Do you let the dealer wash your car?

• Yes, of course - it's part of the service!

• No, not after all the time/money I spend detailing it!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daz Auto

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many people ask their dealers NOT to wash their cars?

I detailed the A3 the day before it's service and it never occurred to me to ask them not to wash it. Now I notice quite a few swirl marks on the red paint. Just bought a DA polisher to see if I can get rid of them.

I ensure they mark "DO NOT WASH" on the job sheet and I leave a large A4 sized note in the car saying "Please Do Not Wash" in bold red lettering.

But even with all that, on one occasion they did wash the car (my old S3 8P)! But thankfully no marks were inflicted.

even if you do put large words saying not to wash, people who are handling the car might not be able to read....

Reactions: Daz Auto
I use a note I downloaded from Detailing World, before I had this I had my car washed twice on two separate occasions when I had specifically told them not to. This was despite the fact they had made notes on the service sheet and highlighted it.

To rub the salt in on both occasions they did a poor job too. Goons.

Never had a problem with dealers washing my A3 in various dealers around Europe. However i do know, from the info on this forum, that dealers don't seem to care about our cars as much as we do so i always take the dearler/salesman outside and take him through any marks etc and make him aware that i know every inch of my car. Usually a form is signed, like the car hire forms highlighting any existing damage and from then on they should be liable for any extra damage. Every single time i get my car back i always have to wipe the dash and binnacle because of residue but had no other problems with interior or exterior.

Reactions: Jassyo06
This is kept in my glovebox and answers your question :)

Nooo

Reactions: richinsoton and daytonamart
Audi scratched my car the last time it was in for a service not through washing it....but by other means...l just got on with it and removed it myself....l just wouldnt put myself through the stress of phone calls arguments etc....etc....you'll get nowhere

I always let my dealer wash my car and vacuum my car when it goes in for service. Mind you that is usually only twice in the period I own it (19k and 38k). At other times it goes through a conveyor type car wash about once a week after being well soaked using a pressure washer. It's only car car after all albeit a rather nice one.. I like my car l to look clean but I don't get paranoid about it. If I still had the ability I would probably wash it myself but I don't any more. Better to use a car wash than drive round in a dirty car.

Reactions: Pinky1959
I dont even let them touch it let alone wash it !

Reactions: daytonamart
nope.. always ask them to hang a do-not-wash sign from the rear-view.

Hell no! I decline the free scratches.

Reactions: richinsoton and daytonamart
Never ! :sadlike:
TBH I always wash my car before it goes into the Dealer for a service anyway

But those of you that know me knew that anyway lol

Reactions: cuke2u, daytonamart and azibux1