Coding - Near Newport

• Thread starter Deleted member 123992
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 123992

Hi Guys,

Recently picked up my new(ish) car. It’s a 2016 PFL 1.6TDI Quattro saloon. Not the most exciting car to drive in the world but a big step up from an Alfa Mito either way and given that I do 23k+ miles a year, it made sense.

So far I love it but having read hundreds of posts on here there are a few things I’d like to have coded:

- Visual Parking Aid
- Passenger mirror dip on reverse
- Needle Sweep (the Alfa has it so why not I guess)

Is there anyone around the Newport area that could help me out? Doesn’t make sense to fork out for a VCDS cable for those few things.

Happy to travel of course and I will pay in money, beer or chocolate bars. Whatever you fancy.

Thanks!

1.6TDI Quattro? Learn something new everyday, I thought the Quattro only came in the 2.0TDI 184PS.

Not all about excitement, the A3 is a great car.. solid build and overall a great package, I've just ordered my third 8V.

Carista, it's an OBD port device that connects to an app on your phone. Look it up, it's great and relatively cheap. You can do both needle sweep and the mirror drop down using that. But the visual sensor illustration is a little more in depth I believe.

Just saw you're from Abercarn, I'm only about 4/5 miles further up the valleys from you. I'm working silly hours at the moment, just come off nights this morning and back in days tomorrow.. working 9 days out of 10, 12 hour shifts :( But if you haven't found somebody by the time my shifts settle down, I will see if I can help you out with Carista. I have the Beta version of Carista so have all the latest adaptions, but it means it is sometimes unreliable and takes me a little while to log in on there which is a pain.

Reactions: Deleted member 123992 and Djs3saloon
Thanks mate, really appreciate it!

I have been looking at Carista and did see that the on screen sensors display wasn’t a standard feature. Something to look into though, in case it’s ever wiped at the dealers.

@MA3RC has kindly agreed to help me out, even though he no longer has an Audi. If that falls through though I’ll be sure to give you a shout!

I didn’t think they did the Quattro in 1.6 either until I saw this one. To be honest, if I was spec-ing a new one I wouldn’t combine it with the 1.6, it’s slows down the already slow 0-60 and eats into the MPG.

That being said, it’s a joy to drive. I needed an economical car with 4 doors to ferry the ageing grandparents around and this fitted the bill. Not too upset by the 50mpg I’m getting either to be fair, especially around here!

Thanks mate, really appreciate it!

I have been looking at Carista and did see that the on screen sensors display wasn’t a standard feature. Something to look into though, in case it’s ever wiped at the dealers.

@MA3RC has kindly agreed to help me out, even though he no longer has an Audi. If that falls through though I’ll be sure to give you a shout!

I didn’t think they did the Quattro in 1.6 either until I saw this one. To be honest, if I was spec-ing a new one I wouldn’t combine it with the 1.6, it’s slows down the already slow 0-60 and eats into the MPG.

That being said, it’s a joy to drive. I needed an economical car with 4 doors to ferry the ageing grandparents around and this fitted the bill. Not too upset by the 50mpg I’m getting either to be fair, especially around here!

No worries, always here to help.

Let us know how you get on with the coding anyway, keep the tread updated.

That is a downside of combining it with Quattro, that's why I thought that the Quattro was only coupled with the 2.0TDI and especially because it only seems to be on the 184PS models.

You won't get much more economical than the 1.6 diesel, I drove one as a courtesy car and it's pretty nippy too which surprised me. 50mpg? I can only dream haha. I get an average of 23-26mpg around here and not much better on a run. Best I've seen the car read on a run is 38-43 (extremely gentle feathering for 43 on a 80 mile trip). Calculated MPG it comes out at 31MPG.