Audi emmissions update

Mark prince

Reaction score
Hi I have a Audi a6 2010 and when purchased it already had the emissions update done at Audi .I have now had the car ecu remapped will this now delete the update for the emmsions as I have heard all sorts of horror stories of them causing problems.

Hi I have a Audi a6 2010 and when purchased it already had the emissions update done at Audi .I have now had the car ecu remapped will this now delete the update for the emmsions as I have heard all sorts of horror stories of them causing problems.

The remap will have overwritten the emissions update which usually kills off the egr valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the emissions update to my 2012 A3 1.6 TDI this morning. Can't say too much bad of the result. The engine became a little louder (more turbo, not too much of diesel knock added), but at the same time the turbo lag is almost gone or at least became lesser. But it isn't a reply to the OP. Then I drove to a tuning shop two hours after the update and got the car remapped with egr off :) No more risk of killing the egr valve anymore.

I'm confused. Were you planning a remap before you got the emissions update?

I'm confused. Were you planning a remap before you got the emissions update?
Exactly. I wanted a remap and I knew that the emission update could affect my ride. As this update is a requirement in my country (Denmark) and I wouldn't pass MOT if I didn't do it during 6 month after a second warning, I booked the update (to please the law) and the remap (to please myself).

I hope it doesn't become a requirement here. No way am I letting an Audi dealer near my car. It's full of 16 year old apprentices here.