New Audi Owner - Hello!

BRISTOL86

Reaction score
Hi Folks

New Audi driver (to be) here!

I've been driving a 2008 Ford Focus for the last few years so to say I'm excited is an understatement...

I went to a car supermarket yesterday with a view to driving all three of and buying one of either the Audi A3, BMW 1 Series or Golf...

I didn't even drive the BMW or VW, the Audi bowled me over so much purely from a being in the cabin that I didn't want to even get the other two on the road.

So next Sat (hopefully) I'll be picking up my 66 plate A3 Sportback Sport S Tronic. Just under 14,000 miles and not a mark on it. So excited.

Pics in due course, obviously!

As a complete newbie to the world of Audi I'd appreciate any pointers to 'must read' things or any general hints and tips that I might need to know!

Cheers
Martin

Reactions: THQuattro
Hi and:sign welcome:sounds like you can't wait to get your A3 , out of those I think you made the right choice :yes: got any mods planned :nogarors4:

Thanks Gas Monkey! Definitely can't wait, it's been a long time coming, motoring went well down my list of priorities a few years ago whilst we were saving for a house etc so I was making do with the Focus, but have completely stopped enjoying driving.

It feels fab to be looking forward to getting in a car again! This is a big investment for us so planning on keeping the car for a long time, probably 8-10 years.

Mods wise, not sure to be honest. I'm pretty simple in terms of what I like, styling wise (the clean, understated cabin was what really sold the Audi to me). Any simple, elegant mods you can suggest?

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice choice. Have a read in the 8v section. Lots of info in there. Look forward to the pics :)

Reactions: BRISTOL86
Simple and easy starter mod would be to change the interior bulbs for led one's big difference for little out lay especially as the dark nights are creeping in , forum sponser t8ups at EM Tuning has the best led,s :yes:

Thanks I'll check that out!

I was also thinking about getting the aluminium pedals

http://www.audipartsdirect.co.uk/product/Audi_A3_Aluminium_Pedal_Set_-_Automatic_8V2064205.

But I'm not sure how easy they are to fit. I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to messing about with stuff like this!

Excuse the bad picture but anyone able to tell me if this is pre or post facelift?

IMG_3082.png

It's a facelift mate grill and lights give it away
AndyF TeamLava

Last edited:
Yeah I thought so, just checking. Cheers mate :)

Your welcome
AndyF TeamLava

nice colour ;)

needs some bigger boots though

Reactions: BRISTOL86
If you want some oem look wheels at a good price gimme a shout

Thanks Andy. What I really want is an immaculate set of the 17" kinetic wheels but I think they're going to be about as rare as rocking horse ****!