Considering switching to a A3

jord9412

Reaction score
Hi ive currently got a B7 A4 2.0t and i was considering changing to a diesel A3 as i need something a bit more economical (currently get 20 city 30 motorway MPG and spent £1800 since December on fuel and averaged 23mpg).

Was wondering what the cabin space in a A3 sportback is like compared to a B7 A4. Surprisingly the B7 in my opinion has sub-par legroom for people in the back mainly due to how big the boot actually is. Have any of you guys been in both cars and could you give me your opinion on what the A3 is like compared to the A4.

If i were to switch id probably be after a 2009 facelift model. My B7 is probably only worth between £2500-£2900 as its got 166k miles but it still looks alright
DsAmpTW.jpg

Would i be able to get one for around £3000-3500? Im not too bothered by high miles or for that budget would i be looking at a pre facelift one?

Thanks

Hi. I'd go for a petrol version. Better mpg than you've mentioned on your A4. Plus very punchy and quick

I reckon the A4 will be a bit more roomy for passengers but theres not a lot in it. If you get a sportback it's very useful when flipping the seats down like a mini estate almost. I fit a large mountain bike in with the front wheel off if that's any help.