boost controller on A3Q

ak_quattro454

Reaction score
question about getting a boost controller on my remapped a3 quattro.

a friend of mine is giving me a turbosmart manual boost controller for my car. just wanted to ask people who know more about tuning products if it is really worth me fitting it into in my car???

would i really see a big diffrence in remapped car?

any info would be much appreciated

does anybody have any info about manual boost controllers on A3??
anything i should be aware of

dont go there is the general opinion i got....

if its remapped, the boost is increased anyway, the only use i can see for an mbc is to set it at the same boost your n75 is giving you to hold boost higher up.

i asked about this, and everyone was very against it. my friend tried it in an AGU engined golf, and although it was a LOT quicker than my A3, i later found out that it was horrible to drive on part throttle, and unless flatout, it was a bit of a pig. personally, id stear clear of them.

perhaps you could try running the n75J valve? or one of the other that give different boost characteristics

i dont know about a n75j valve yet
i was solely interested in the boost controller because my mate was getting it for free.

Thanks for the info

Prawn said:
if its remapped, the boost is increased anyway, the only use i can see for an mbc is to set it at the same boost your n75 is giving you to hold boost higher up.

This is the main reason I got mine. The N75 couldn't give me the requested boost at the top end. However, the boost level is set to the level requested by the map. I don't use it to crank the turbo up as I not to sure what the fueling would allow. It can also stop wastegate creep.

so chriS3, you seem like a highly experienced user

would you recommend me getting one, is there any harm in me trying one out and checking the difference if there is any? After all im getting a turbosmart for free, so dont want to miss out on the oppurtunity

If its free I'd take it by all means. Just be careful how you set it up. If you end up with a lot more actual boost than requested boost, things can get tricky.

cheers chris, i might contact you again, if ive got any questions when it comes round to setting it up.

did you ever have any luck setting it up mate?