Sport sunpension.

Jxly

Reaction score
Ordered new shocks for my A3 8L 1.8t quattro sport. They arrived, went to put them on which took forever because I spent hours messing about with the pinch bolt and in the end I took a grinder to it. Put new shock into position and found it didn't have a hole for the drop link to fit into. Guessing this is because I have a sport model and these shocks aren't for sport suspension? What I want to know is, is that a difference in the sport model? And where on earth can I find shocks for my sport model that aren't pink or green or something ridiculous and cost like £800. I'm wanting to spend less than £100 for the pair.

Also while I'm on the topic, are there any other parts that I should look out for that are different on the sport model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sport part is irrelevant... would imagine its because its a quattro...

On the FWD A3 the droplinks attach from the ARP to the lower arm... on S3 quattro they attach from the shock to the ARB... not seen an A3 quattro in while but I assume they use a similar setup to the S3 quattro...

If the shocks you took off had the tabs on the shock to attach the droplink and the ones you bought don't then the ones you bought are wrong and need to be replaced by the supplier...

<tuffty/>