should i sell the wheels or hold onto them for when i sell the car

robps3

Reaction score
quick question i fancy some new wheels for my s3 i think i have the arm rotors (19s).

i know when i sold my r32 the aftermarket wheels put alot of people off so im unsure whether to keep hold of them and when i sell the car put them back or sell them and put the money to a set of new wheels.

hold onto them, i've always thought that if someone is looking at your car and thinking about buying it, seeing aftermarket wheels could make them think "what else has been done that i dont know about"

Reactions: TDI-line, S32B, Chris43 and 2 others
hold onto them, i've always thought that if someone is looking at your car and thinking about buying it, seeing aftermarket wheels could make them think "what else has been done that i dont know about"
yeah i got that a fair bit with my R32, ie do you still have the original wheels (they were a pain in the **** to clean) so i thought i wish i had kept them and sold the aftermarket wheels. but yeah i get what you mean, they dont seem to be going for a lot on ebay anyway

yeah i got that a fair bit with my R32, ie do you still have the original wheels (they were a pain in the **** to clean) so i thought i wish i had kept them and sold the aftermarket wheels. but yeah i get what you mean, they dont seem to be going for a lot on ebay anyway
yeah and sods law you'll want a set of originals back and there will only be expensive sets on ebay at the time

i've got a set of Bola ZZRs which i think would look great on a black ed s3 if i got them redone in gunmetal/black but im pretty sure they're a good amount heavier than original 19"s and the big one.....the tyres are 225/35, should have gotten 235/35. :haudrauf:

Reactions: robps3
I'd keep them, take a picture of the car with the new alloys on, when you sell the car put the original alloys back on, then show the buyer the picture with the upgraded alloys on and give them the option of buying them off you.

Reactions: batch and robps3
Think @MattSedg has made a very good point there. Most people will want a looked after, non modded S3. Yours might be looked after & you might have just wanted a different set of wheels but its all about the impression & making the new buyer "feel" like its been looked after! I steer clear of any modded cars precisely because you just don't know what other stuff might have been done to it. Personally i wouldn't even mention you have extra wheels.

Reactions: robps3