grill change?

nezzi

Reaction score
im goin to change the grill on my a3 for a badgeless item. how easy ae they to fit? is it a bumper off job or can it be done with the bumper still on the car?

Don't you find that the A3/S3 front looks all wrong without the badge on the front.

Sort of naked.

You could argue that this makes it look more bestial, but I reckon it makes it look more babyish.

Sorry - no help on how to remove it. I would guess the front bumper needs to come off first.

My S3 O.CT FMIC installation guide says you do it like this (if this is of any help for an A3):

Step 3: Dismount the bumperskin.
- Loosen the left and right wheel housing plastic in the front outside
part.
- Take off the top screws of the bumperskin.
- Take off the bottom clips of the bumperskin.
- Loosen the screws on the guide profiles and push it down slightly
so the paint does not get damaged.
- For vehicles with headlight washer system (aliens) disconnect the
hose at the connecting piece on the left side.
- Take the bumper off with slight pulling to the front.

Cheers, Ed.

the surround clicks off (allegedly) but for the whole grill to come off it is a bumper off job.

eddyg said:
Don't you find that the A3/S3 front looks all wrong without the badge on the front.

Sort of naked.

tbh this is wat i thought b4 i got a mate to photoshop it for me with a few other ideas i have. looks really mean with the other mods i have planned.

nezzi said:
eddyg said:

Sort of naked.

tbh this is wat i thought b4 i got a mate to photoshop it for me with a few other ideas i have. looks really mean with the other mods i have planned.

Post the photochop and lets all slag it off :) (that was a joke).

let me see if my mate still has it on his comp. think he has as he wants to see the finished car against the photoshop. also wats the general feeling on here bout debadged a3's?

nezzi said:
let me see if my mate still has it on his comp. think he has as he wants to see the finished car against the photoshop. also wats the general feeling on here bout debadged a3's?

Make sure you keep the old grill in pristine condition so you can sell the car later, just in case others aren't as enamoured as you are with the look :)

Personally I like the badging, it gives the front more of a nose. Without it I think it looks flat. I also believe that debadging devalues the vehicle in the minds of those who don't know what it is, whether you care or not about those who can't spot an Audi from 200m is a different matter :)

What it comes down to is if you like the look then go for it, it's you're car. Everyone is an individual, and it's good that way.

Cheers, Ed.

I think naked grill looks fine only if your car has a bright color (white, yellow, etc) But if its a dark color it wont make any contrast and will just make it look as any other badgeless car...

This is what I mean

audi7.jpg

i intend on keepin everything i take off the car for any future sale. i quite like the lower part of that bumper any ideas were i could get 1? my car is silver