2011 A3 Sportback - DSG oil and cambelt service interval ?

jetty

Reaction score
Just bought a 2011 A3 black edition from Audi - has the CCZA engine. Looked through the service book and looks like the DSG/S-tronic oil change hasn't been done nor has the cambelt. Just ticked over the 40k mile mark.

Does anyone know the service intervals for the above please ?

Cheers

Dsg oil needs doing now cambelt should be done at 5 years or 60 000 miles which ever comes first don't forget Haldex service needs doing aswell at 40 000

Thanks chaps - looks like I need to have words!
They also changed the rear pads but left the discs badly scored and pitted. Brakes are shocking, no bite to them whatsoever!
IMG 8822

IMG 8823

Those discs should have been replaced in my opinion

DSG fluid is every 38,000 miles, so it's due now. Personally I also do it every 38,000 miles or 4 years (whatever comes first), but Audi do not specify a time limit, only mileage.

Cambelt is every 5 years or 75,000 miles (whatever comes first), so really it should have been done in 2016, but check your receipts. If it's not been done, then get it done. Also change the water pump while you are in there. It's only an extra 10 minutes work on top of the cambelt change and if it fails later you will need to remove and refit the cambelt again, so may as well do it now, preventative maintenance while you are in there anyway.

As for the discs, they don't look too great, but realistically, that is not an MOT failure, so there is no legal obligation to change them. All the MOT states is that they provide sufficient braking force on the brake tester and the left / right side apply equal brake pressure so the car doesn't pull to one side. So I highly doubt you will get anywhere with the dealer regarding the brakes unless they want to offer good will.

The MOT manual states this as the only reason for failing a brake disc or drum based on it's physical condition....

a brake disc or drum in such a condition that it is seriously weakened or insecure

Being pitted with a bit of surface rust won't come under that.

Forgive me if Im wrong but 2011 sportback would be a tsi version chain driven therefore no cambelt interval

Forgive me if Im wrong but 2011 sportback would be a tsi version chain driven therefore no cambelt interval
Yep, chain on the 2.0 petrol engines, should be at least 200,000 miles trouble free, ha ha. Mines a ccza as well and there is danger the chain can jump it s cogs due to dodgy tensioners. Have a read of other thread about this.

I was having a bit of a smile reading this thread about cambelt changing, I was thinking I'm sure its a chain on that engine lol.
Then people were saying, 60000, 75000 etc. Just shows do people really know and just guess lol.
Does not even have a cambelt!!!

My car has the CBBB diesel engine, my service book states every 133000 for a cambelt, rang Audi up to confirm, to which they did! (or every 5 years, which ever comes first)
For me, no way I'm leaving it to every 133000, but its what the service book and Audi state.

While I was reading the service book, DSG is correct at 38000 miles.

John.

Attachments

• img133.jpg
    img133.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 840
  • img133.jpg
    img133.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 1,422
Mine (140 bhp 2012 engine) is also quoted at 133k miles Cornish John and I too rang Audi who stated 5 years or 133k miles. I've only done 55k miles but had it changed last week as £400 inc a water pump is a lot cheaper than it snapping.

I've heard a lot snap due to ancillaries such as the water pump failing, not helped by not renewing the coolant regularly

Mine (140 bhp 2012 engine) is also quoted at 133k miles Cornish John and I too rang Audi who stated 5 years or 133k miles. I've only done 55k miles but had it changed last week as £400 inc a water pump is a lot cheaper than it snapping.

I've heard a lot snap due to ancillaries such as the water pump failing, not helped by not renewing the coolant regularly

Its what my last cambelt and water pump cost, £400.

I change my cambelt every 70000 miles, don't do what Audi or what the service manual states.
Car has now done 233000 miles, had my third cambelt done at 210000 miles.

No problems to report.

Reactions: MarkWizard
Still original turbo John?

Yes, same turbo, EGR valve and clutch! Not played about with any of them.

I think my trick is, change the oil every 5000 to 8000 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_0107 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_0107 (Copy).JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 7B7F9241-C0F4-4BD5-BA1C-6E1894FB9FD6.JPG
    7B7F9241-C0F4-4BD5-BA1C-6E1894FB9FD6.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 237