Audi A5 2012 black edition coupe diesel air con no longer cold

Pappasmurf

Reaction score
I've had the car since June 2016. I have covered 8000 miles and it's now at 40000 miles. Tonight I noticed the air was not very cold in the cabin. I selected 'lo' and basically toggling AC on/off makes no difference to the temp. Surely unlikely to have low refrigerant at 40k miles? It seemed to be ok yesterday

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

The car may have only covered 40k but its 5 years old. There is no set time or interval for aircon regas.

I appreciate that. What concerns me, after googling most of the afternoon, is if it is low, would it have lost the refrigerant without a leak? I've never had an issue with air con failing on any other car I've owned regardless of age. I know about the system having seals and that it should be run every week regardless of how cold the weather is. I leave my system on 'auto' all the time

.......I noticed today that my 'stop/start' is also not working although the engine temp is up to normal temp. I'm guessing that this is can be due to cabin temp. Does anyone know more about this?

Fwiw.......this turned out to be a faulty air con pressure sensor. Part number 236440071 Air con now cold and stop/start ok

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Had a similar problem on mine. I didn't notice it but VCDS said it was faulty.

Changed it and now shiver if I need too! The power of technology