Paint after accident repair.

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Just a quick one guys.
I'm due to pick up my repaired car tomorrow but I'm wondering if they will machine polish the bonnet and door to match the new wing and bumper?
I'm concerned that the new paint will stick out like a sore thumb next to the old paint.
Has anyone had paintwork done after an accident and if so what was the results like?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Depends on the bodyshop. A good one will make sure it all blends in and that you cannot tell the difference, a crap one won't, or won't do a good job t blending it in. So really it all comes down to quality of workmanship.

Reactions: Buxton2901
Well I won't accept it if it's **** so fingers crossed they do a good job. Just want my car back now. Missing the old girl lol

Well I won't accept it if it's **** so fingers crossed they do a good job. Just want my car back now. Missing the old girl lol

I get that; I hate it when mine's not on the drive. Did you get the loaner fixed OK?

I get that; I hate it when mine's not on the drive. Did you get the loaner fixed OK?
Yes thanks mate just picked up the loan car this afternoon from the body shop and they have done a great job. Can't tell it's been touched up so don't think hire company will notice.
19b28757c0280e7696d3889ba74ea02c.jpg

Reactions: ruairi83, jdp1962, Lavis89 and 1 other person
****** hell that looks like a cracking job for the £100 you were quoted to repair it

So I picked my car up on Friday and the repair looks good but the old headlight now looks terrible and they haven't polished the rest of the car so will need doing to match.
5847fa995e8eec7baea9b2dd44b4d3f7.jpg
ab045d41f9d3b06cbe305765c9d79b23.jpg

Reactions: jdp1962 and ruairi83
So I picked my car up on Friday and the repair looks good but the old headlight now looks terrible and they haven't polished the rest of the car so will need doing to match.
5847fa995e8eec7baea9b2dd44b4d3f7.jpg
ab045d41f9d3b06cbe305765c9d79b23.jpg

Get the drivers side headlight mopped to help with difference.
Looks good job

Yeah I think I'm going to try and polish it up with some fine grade wet and dry then use a restoration kit.

Reactions: ruairi83
oh no @PB2.7TDI what happened?! I was only offline a few months!
Hi Manda. Some crazy young lad crashed into the front of my car whilst on holiday in Bridlington. Took a few weeks to get repaired and my Mrs managed to manage the hire car lol so that had to be repaired also. Not a good couple of months.
Hope your ok

Hi Manda. Some crazy young lad crashed into the front of my car whilst on holiday in Bridlington. Took a few weeks to get repaired and my Mrs managed to manage the hire car lol so that had to be repaired also. Not a good couple of months.
Hope your ok

Ah no what a crud set of luck! least you have a shiny new looking bumper :)