Lets talk fuels

maxdrz400

Reaction score
So a bit of back ground info, I am currently running my tfsi on bp ultimate 97 ron i believe, ive been using this for a couple of years now, mainly for nectar points and because bp is my local petrol station.
Before i moved house i was using shell v power 99 ron and absolutely swore by it, i could feel the torque coming in earlier compared to standard cheapo fuel.
Now my car doesnt seem to have that "fizz" since ive been using bp ultimate and I just put it down to getting used to the car.
I was reading a thread on facebook earlier and everyone on there was raving about tesco momentum, even over shell. So ive done abit of research, snd what ive come up with is shell apparently lie and are only 98 ron but with an octane booster, where as Tesco is genuinly 99 ron and laced with ethenol which is supposedly better.
I even saw a test on fifth gear where they said bp ultimate is barely better than standard supermarket fuel!

So my question to all you petrol lads and lasses out there is what is your cars favourite juice and why?

I feel like im missing out on something potencially, ive had my car remapped last year and only used bp since, so i could be in for a little treat!!

Reactions: J0N
Years ago I had a Seat Leon Cupra R that was running 281 bhp and I always used Tesco Momentum. I saw Vag Com logs that proved this was better for my engine, I'll see if I can dig out the thread on Seatcupra.net. I really looked into this at the time and I firmly believe that quality fuel is as important as quality oil for the longevity of your engine. Although good fuel can never increase power it will help to keep your car running as it should. Always try to use a busy forecourt with a high turnover too so the supply is always quite new. These days I use V-Power diesel....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use super unleaded 98 ron and higher as often as I can, i'll use 97 ron if nothing else is available but the old bus doesn't really like any jungle juice lower than 98, it really does go like stink with shell v power .....
If i'm doing a long run on motorways etc I will use 97 as I cant see the point of paying for better fuel with no benefit on motorway driving, otherwise real petrol...

I used to be the same, always used shell v power in the s3, changed to Tesco as was easier and the car always ran the exact same as with v power. Been using it for the last 6 years. Currently use it in the a4 also.

Also BP ultimate is pure *****. None of the tfsi lads will touch it.

Ok thanks for the replys lads, I think i will have to start hunting out better fuel, i used bp ultimate because it was convenient, but i think shell or tescos is the way to go. Ive always used "premium" fuel, but i think i may start being more fussy which ones i use.

I have a diesel cab and use Tesco diesel but, the secret ingredient for me is Exocet diesel supreme additive. I buy it from demon tweeks or you can get on EBay.
They do a diesel and petrol equivalent and this stuff is NOT the watered down overpriced additive you find in your Shell advance or the a like.
Try it, you will never go back to standard fuel again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shell V-Power all day long. The old Shell Optimax was 98 RON, the current V-Power Nitro+ is a genuine 99 RON fuel which to be honest is better than any other pump fuel you'll get. My old Evo and my current track bike run exclusively on V-Power. Wouldn't put Momentum in there if you paid me.

End of the day, I trust Shell Chemical Engineers over the ones at the Tesco Supplier to produce a superior fuel.