BHP hungry!

Portis2220

Yorkshire Gold!!!
Reaction score
Hello, I previously had an S5 and had a remap, which was fantastic for a low cost. However, changing to the RS5 (2015 model) in recent months, i found that a remap wouldn't give much of a boost at all. £500-£600 for about 10BHP (some aconomy also i am told?), is this worth it?

Can anyone with some knowledge let me know what i can do to boost the car? Exhaust is already done on a custom job (the car has sports pack as extra from Audi). What else can i do?

If you can help, please post change / approx BHP increase / approx cost

Much appreciated,

The only thing you can do with a normally aspirated car is a turbo/supercharger. They don't appear to be that popular due to cost (think c. £10000) and I've seen a few posts saying they've been discontinued - presumably due to cost and issues on cars not designed for them.

Best bet is mod the heck out of a older S5... (I'm late 400's now for BHP and I'm only single pulley at the mo).

Thanks mate, just madly and unnaturally in love with the RS and V8.. It's the first car i have owned, and i have had, lets say a few, that i will never sell.. I was hoping i can make lots of small changes to get where i need starting with the remap. Surely there are things that will change it beyond the remap? Even if minor.

Not much you can do for BHP. Normally aspirated engines can't really be tuned much as you can't force more air into the engine in any way (which is how we get impressive gains on the supercharged engine). If you look at the tuning kits for, say, the RS3, you'll see after software, it's a bigger turbo. All the big gains come from forcing more air into each ignition cycle to produce bigger bangs.

If you want to do other things, you're down to lowering/alternate springs/coilovers, spacers on wheels, various add on valances etc... but that's looks only.

Carbon clean might get you more horses than a remap.

A supercharger will achieve around 600PS, see Cuppa's thread.

Thanks, you sound like you know a heck of a lot about cars (compared to me which fits on the back of a stamp).. It will have to be looks where i spend my money then apart from the tune which i think ill do anyway. Full de-chrome and black grill, muffler deletes, carbon mirrors etc happening tomorrow.. Thanks for the advice!

Good point @Dippy... Carbon clean may help, but given it's a 2015 RS5, it will need to be high mileage to benefit much from it. The other way of getting power out of an RS5 is to get it to about 4000rpm (from memory - only driven one once) and let it rip

Yeah, I test drove a B7 RS4 a few years back and that thing flew when the revs were up. Then I noticed the speedo and decided that there are cheaper ways to lose a driving license :(. And then when I got back in my tuned B5 S4 and felt that torque I decided that I would have far more fun at lower speeds and keep my money.

Reactions: Portis2220
JH Motorsports on the other side of the pond acquired a used RS5 as a test bed for new products including a supercharger kit they're apparently working on (amongst other items). Nothing yet as they've had the car for a few months at best but at least there's hope.

If I were a betting man, I'd say we'll see the SC kit, exhaust kit, an intake, ECU tuning (they claim there's a good deal more power to be had with cam phasing) and "possibly" headers. Not much to look at on the site now for the RS5 but they do have their own two-piece rotors out, front and rear.

Zero affiliation with them.
https://jhmotorsports.com