Remaping a standard s3 8p > BHP gains ?

Ben E

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im looking at remaping my bog standard s3 8p, s tronic... its been well maintained so should handle it quite nicely.

Im looking to gain BHP mainly. My question is > Is remaping a standard s3 worth it ? E.g how much of a realistic HP gain should i be receiving from the remap ? Could i see it run 285-300bhp after the map ?

Anyone else thrown money at a remap on a standard s3 before ?

Cheers for any advice :D !

Hi guys,

Im looking at remaping my bog standard s3 8p, s tronic... its been well maintained so should handle it quite nicely.

Im looking to gain BHP mainly. My question is > Is remaping a standard s3 worth it ? E.g how much of a realistic HP gain should i be receiving from the remap ? Could i see it run 285-300bhp after the map ?

Anyone else thrown money at a remap on a standard s3 before ?

Cheers for any advice :D !
There's tons of threads on this, from stage 1 you can expect to see 300-310bhp. As to whether it's worth it I can't say as mine is stock, but plenty of people have had it done

Reactions: Ben E and S3Alex
As above basically

Expect about 310bhp from a simple Stg1 remap

330-340 from Stg2 with exhaust and intake.

360-380 from Stg2+ with the above mods plus uprated HPFP

After that you need a hybrid or big turbo and a lot more money. Lol

Reactions: Ben E
Many say a Stg1 map turns the S3 into the car it should have been from the factory. You should be good for 3-310bhp with stock intake and exhaust.

Reactions: Donson69, HHS3, Ben E and 1 other person
Many say a Stg1 map turns the S3 into the car it should have been from the factory. You should be good for 3-310bhp with stock intake and exhaust.

Totally agree.

When I got mine it was new and stock and felt a bit lethargic.

The remap made it feel much more like I thought it should have done....but there's always scope for more...

Reactions: Donson69, HHS3, Ben E and 1 other person
Wow 300+ , thats great news ! ... Thanks for the reply guys :) , Il have some pics of the before and after graphs

Reactions: S3Alex

Another one here. Been running stg 1 for 40K now. Car feels lively and responsive. A much nicer drive than my Scooby which was running 350BHP

I am currently stage 3 running 440 bhp , spent a small fortune though .

Reactions: S. and samuelh_888
Not all stage 1 remaps are the equal. Where are you planning on having it done?

Wow 300+ , thats great news ! ... Thanks for the reply guys :) , Il have some pics of the before and after graphs

Don't focus too much on absolute figures but more on how it drives and mid range torque.

Also take a good look at some of the custom mappers like Unicorn,R-Tech and Storm.

You'll get a more personal service tailored to what you want.

My own car was worked on by AMDTuning at Lakeside and Storm Developments and runs around 550bhp so the engine has enormous potential and should give you plenty of scope.

Just remember though that it's a slippery slope after Stg1.

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
I pulled 319 stage 1 and 335 stage 2. With similar torque but like above figures are for pub talk, all about how it drives

Reactions: S3Alex
Agree with Alex that its all about being happy with how it drives and not the peak figures. In my experience of 40 years of bikes , dynos are an essential before and after tool where i look at % change on the same dyno rather than the headline figures.

Reactions: HHS3 and S3Alex
Lets tie of the loose ends with this thread.. My standard s3 8p 2009. No mods whatsoever. 317BHP after remap. 285 before. Cracking result

IMG 7481 copy

I thought you’d get a bit more power with 285 as standard

Something not right about those figures ? 285 as std and only a 30bhp gain on a stg1 map and loosing power from 5k rpm ??

Mine only made about 310bhp at Stg1 although if I remember there was little roll off.

Yes i suppose going back to our earlier conversation it's the improvements that we are looking at not the actual figures. If so the true start figure was probably 265 ish and the final figure about 295-300
The important thing is the OP is pleased with how it drives.

Yes i suppose going back to our earlier conversation it's the improvements that we are looking at not the actual figures. If so the true start figure was probably 265 ish and the final figure about 295-300
The important thing is the OP is pleased with how it drives.
I’m getting mine remapped soon and am
Just hoping to feel a difference really, not necessarily after big numbers.