Stupid drivers door lock question..,

phil_w

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday tried keys in the drivers door lock (was re-pairing second key after swapping the battery) but discovered that neither key will actually insert all the way in...

Any technical reason or B7 weirdness that anyone has encountered in a similar manner before I investigate deeper ?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a common issue on door locks that never get used due to using the key fob all the time

Had it with mine when i first got it, it was like the locks hadn't seen a key in 10 years

What you need to do is spray lots of WD40/GT85 etc... into the lock and leave for a bit, then put the key in and keep wiggling it up and down whilst pushing it inwards and eventually it will go all the way in bit by bit

Then you will find its hard to turn the key so spray some more WD40/GT85 into the lock and start wiggling the key left and right and eventually it will lock & unlock the door!!!

Be patient and careful that you don't damage/break the key and use lots of WD40/GT85

Mine works perfectly now and every once in a while i unlock the car with the key to keep the lock working

Thank you! Yep sometimes I need to stop overthinking :) Worked perfectly...