Help with new alloys

Mike2114

Reaction score
Sooooooo, I'm tired of getting stick for my stock alloys from my mates (bmw owners) but they are pretty boring to be fair, so looking to upgrade to some meaner ones.

I've been looking at Wolfrace Genesis alloys, this set here in particular: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-SET-Wolf-Race-Genesis-Black-Polished-5x112-Alloy-Wheels-18x8-5-Audi-Fitment/162431100030?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

But want to know if I could purchase and straight swap my tyres over onto the new alloys from my present alloys? The current tyres are Continental 245/40 R 18 97 Y Extra Load Radial Tubeless - and the new ones have a width of 8.5j and an offset of 38 (no idea what either mean)

Would it be a straight swap or would I need to bankrupt myself and buy new tyres too??

Many thanks for any responses!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The tyres will swap over no problem. You'll have to ask the seller what bore the wheels are though, they've got to be at least 66.6mm for them to fit on the b8 hubs. If they are bigger bored then you'll need spigot rings (cheap), if they are smaller bored then you'll need adaptors (not so cheap).

The tyres will swap over no problem. You'll have to ask the seller what bore the wheels are though, they've got to be at least 66.6mm for them to fit on the b8 hubs. If they are bigger bored then you'll need spigot rings (cheap), if they are smaller bored then you'll need adaptors (not so cheap).

Oh really? That's awesome! Thanks for your help. The seller does include spigot rings so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue! Should I be concerned about the offset or is 38 fine for an 09 A4?

Oh really? That's awesome! Thanks for your help. The seller does include spigot rings so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue! Should I be concerned about the offset or is 38 fine for an 09 A4?

Some of the S4 guys on here are running 19 inch wheels, et32 with 8.5j wheels, so you should be ok with et38, IMO.

JG

Reactions: Mike2114