Instrument cluster paint code

wayne n

Reaction score
Got a couple of marks I want to cover so I'm considering removing and painting the instrument cluster and mmi control fascia's.
I believe its know as flex silver but would like the paint code if poss please.

I've got number of small and fine dents, scratches from previous owner which annoy me. Was thinking of wrapping it.
In my previous car A4, I had all silver dash trims, centre console, ash trays, door trims wrapped in brushed aluminium effect, textured film.
It looked nice and the texture gave nice touch.

To paint it, you would need to remove the whole piece. You would be better off with wrapping it imho.

Show us what's bothering you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no paint code for the trim panels, as Audi never release them.

Also may have one for sale depending if you car is facelift or not and colour MMI.

I've got number of small and fine dents, scratches from previous owner which annoy me. Was thinking of wrapping it.
In my previous car A4, I had all silver dash trims, centre console, ash trays, door trims wrapped in brushed aluminium effect, textured film.
It looked nice and the texture gave nice touch.

To paint it, you would need to remove the whole piece. You would be better off with wrapping it imho.

Show us what's bothering you

Thought about wrapping it but wasn't sure if I could hide the edge as some of the wrap's I've seen are quite thick.

Tbh I'm not that fussed for an exact paint match, there will be nothing for anyone to compare against as I plan on painting everything.
I even considered plasti dip the spray on plastic.

I plasti dipped so many things in and on my cars that I started to question it now. I never removed the dip off the car when was selling it and don't intend to doing it now. So, better solution might be just to paint it permanently.
If you plan to remove it later on, than by all means plasti dip it. If I was to do it, I would remove the things out, to have a better spraying access and just paint it permanently.

I plasti dipped so many things in and on my cars that I started to question it now. I never removed the dip off the car when was selling it and don't intend to doing it now. So, better solution might be just to paint it permanently.
If you plan to remove it later on, than by all means plasti dip it. If I was to do it, I would remove the things out, to have a better spraying access and just paint it permanently.

If I was to wrap it the trim would still need to be removed, wouldn't it?

Seen people on yt wrapping trims in the car without removal of the part. Think it was hear shift surround trim.
But there was another guy wrapping the whole centre console and did not removed anything.
It just complicate the whole process as you're limited with space and will not wrap the film under the trim as you would having the part on the table.

There are plenty tutorial videos on yt guiding you step by step how to remove things.
If not, ask ASN members around and you'll get help.

Centre console removal isn't that difficult and shouldn't take longer than 30-45 minutes.

I've watch a couple of videos on yt and it looks quite easy to remove the trim. Think I'll probably spray it, sand it with 2000 then cut it with G3 and finish with G10. Hopefully it should be like glass when finished.

Don't forget to share end results

Reactions: wayne n