forum orders......

SteveS3

Reaction score
Website
www.steves3.co.uk
Originally posted by AAA:
Can any one tell me if there will be changes on the E46 coupé like there were on the saloon and touring?
I just order an M3 that I hope it will arrive in April and it would´t be very nice if the model would be changed soon

I'm sure that 2003 will have a restyled M3 along the lines of the 2002 3 series, this is what BMW have done with the 3 series in the past. You might even find that cars produced after February have a number of differences in them. BMW like to test new ideas on the qt, then make a big bang out of them in September when the new year models come out. As an example, my 330i has the same agility package thats in the 2002 330i, it was put into all 330i Sport models from March, but BMW said nothing about it until September. My partner bought a 325i [in very nice Cosmos Black], and her car was a Jan build [week 02] but has the old light steering, which for a woman is actually cool, she prefers it over the steering in my car. My M3 will come in May, but if they do revise it along the lines of the 2002 3 series I'll be glad to have missed it. I think the new front is fugly as hell. Reminds me of some Jap rice mobile.

Cheers,
Neil.

------------------
--
Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking
neil@DOMINO.ORG

Gotta be on the way at some point BMW would deny this but it has to come sooner or later.

------------------
"Very few sport cars have a 5.0 litre engine".
"Only one has a BMW M power 5.0 litre egine".

I was behind a new Saloon this weekend, and the rear light cluster is actually really cool.

I like the restyled front headlamps too!.

------------------
"Very few sport cars have a 5.0 litre engine".
"Only one has a BMW M power 5.0 litre egine".

I'm not sure BMW plan to apply the saloon changes to the coupe - somthing I read about giving them all their own individual look.

Similarly, their are no plans to put angel-eyes on the X5, to mirror the 5-series, but who knows???

I must admit the new styling is rather nice, the lights both front and rear are certainly better designed than the old items... much better in the metal that in pics though