Evo Motorsports Intake

InfamousAudi

DownShifter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has it. I fitted it today and when it was all said and done, the hole thing seems to tight of a fit. The air filter takes up so much space along with the U-tube that the small filter (i beleive it was called the smog filter) is wedged up against the air filter. Almost denting the air filter. The hose attached to the small filter is supposed to clamp in to the new heat sheild, but its to tight of a fit. I took it for a drive and everything felt great (along with the Hyperboost DV i put on yesterday) and sounded awesome. Any comments would be helpful.

01 A4 1.8T Sport

i had this from evo motorsports in the states. sounded great on my s4, but killed 3 air mass meters in the space of 2 weeks. so it had to go !

Whats the wlink for the company?

Beerzo said:
Whats the wlink for the company?

Any pics of it installed too ?

I bought a Simota Carbon intake off Beerzo and had to mod it to get it to fit, its beyond me why people bother manufacturing things if they dont fit the car they are "designed" for

Now its on it sounds and looks nice though

{921794FA-70BF-48CC-B8BF-F642306F5990}.jpg

Looks cool, open filters sound nice on 1.8ts mine is enclosed in carbon to apparently further block hear and still sounds pretty good

I assume the u pipe clamps to your maf housing much in the same way as i modded mine to fit (below) which was originally supplied with an ally pipe with a flange to accept the maf sensor (at which point the new housing was far to shallow to accept the sensor) so i cut it out and ended up with just the elbow below

mobile phone pic sorry
DSC00566.jpg

looks pants TBH.
Don;t understand why aftermarket companies design intakes that replicate the same issues that the OEM one has....that stupid U-tube.
there is plenty of space down and infront of the turbo for a well designed cone filter/MAF assembly even with an FMIC
Heat rises, without a full sheild that filter in your link will be sucking up more hot air than you can imagine. put you hand on the bonnet after a long run, then do it in traffic.
the BMC and Bimota ones are the only ones I would consider and only if I was looking to bling up the engine.

straight lines are more effective than overly complex turns.
I would LOVE to see their "Dyno proven horsepower at the wheels".

Have a look on Vortex, guy there did "actual" dyno runs with numerous filter/charge kits.
only thing that really got any gains was stripping the insdie out of the OEM box and fitting a RAM air tube through the bottom of teh OEM box that came from teh bumper

my 2p...send it back.

jcb said:
looks pants TBH.
Don;t understand why aftermarket companies design intakes that replicate the same issues that the OEM one has....that stupid U-tube.
there is plenty of space down and infront of the turbo for a well designed cone filter/MAF assembly even with an FMIC
Heat rises, without a full sheild that filter in your link will be sucking up more hot air than you can imagine. put you hand on the bonnet after a long run, then do it in traffic.
the BMC and Bimota ones are the only ones I would consider and only if I was looking to bling up the engine.

straight lines are more effective than overly complex turns.
I would LOVE to see their "Dyno proven horsepower at the wheels".

Have a look on Vortex, guy there did "actual" dyno runs with numerous filter/charge kits.
only thing that really got any gains was stripping the insdie out of the OEM box and fitting a RAM air tube through the bottom of teh OEM box that came from teh bumper

my 2p...send it back.
totally agree i know this from experience when i used to modify the air intakes and throttle bodies on MK1 GTI's, a ram air feed to the bottom of the air box always made a noticeable difference. Plus you cant miss an induction kit when you open the bonnet, but a well designed Ram Air tube to an original air box, will go virtually undetected for insurance purposes.

FilmStripHome.aspx

Well there is the finished product. See how the smog filter is wedged between the filter and the MAF sensor. It is denting the air filter.

And here is my ride.