New to this..

Jamie Jukes

Reaction score
Recently bought a 59 plated 2.0 TFSI 3 door. Fully stock at the moment but any suggestions/ideas as to what to stat modifying first? cosmetic or performance wise?

Jamie

Get yourself a nice honeycombed front grille . a nice Bcs Powervavle exhaust , lower the front and maybe the back just a cpl off suggestions to start

Alright mate I was in your position a few months ago and since then have spent a few K on modifications.

At the end of the day it's totally up to you how far you go. If you are quite happy with power I wouldn't get too in to that unless you are ready to make some serious hardware changes ie Exhaust, intercooler, turbo.

If you would be happy running stock power or just a stage 1 map my advice to you would be go for coil overs. They are not just a fad modification that helps make the car look lower and cooler it is an essential modification for improving the overall ride of the car. In my opinion the stock suspension on A3's is ****!

Get a decent set of coilovers and you'll most likely be trouble free for the life of the car (if you don't smash in to pot holes etc) plus it will really improve the handling improve steering and allow you to put the foot down a bit harder and ultimately enjoy driving the car a lot more.

My 2 cents

Reactions: Jamie Jukes and ch1z64
Essex I see. AMD would be a good shout

+1 for that.

AMDEssex have done a lot of work for me in the past,and had always been very helpful and well priced.

The engine work in particular was very well done.

Reactions: Jamie Jukes
Cheers for your comments! Im happy with the power at the moment if im being honest, but that will probably change! coilovers is a very good shout! Any ideas for cosmetics??

Alright mate I was in your position a few months ago and since then have spent a few K on modifications.

At the end of the day it's totally up to you how far you go. If you are quite happy with power I wouldn't get too in to that unless you are ready to make some serious hardware changes ie Exhaust, intercooler, turbo.

If you would be happy running stock power or just a stage 1 map my advice to you would be go for coil overs. They are not just a fad modification that helps make the car look lower and cooler it is an essential modification for improving the overall ride of the car. In my opinion the stock suspension on A3's is ****!

Get a decent set of coilovers and you'll most likely be trouble free for the life of the car (if you don't smash in to pot holes etc) plus it will really improve the handling improve steering and allow you to put the foot down a bit harder and ultimately enjoy driving the car a lot more.

My 2 cents

Where is best to look for coilovers???

Stage 1 on the 2.0T (ea888) you're looking at ~260bhp and ~400Nm. Would be the first thing I'd do!