Coming home lights?

Jamie Jukes

Reaction score
2009 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI.. doesnt having coming home lights (or whatever they are called). Anyway of telling if my car has them and they just arent enabled or possible to have them installed?

English is shocking in that sentence sorry lol

Hi Jamie,

If it can’t activate from your DIS this look at getting Carista (it’s worth getting any way)

Take a look at Carista (iphone/Android app) and the OBD dongle at eBay or Amazon - it’s only £9.99 on Amazon at the mo.

For your car, an 09, take a look at the 'Customisations' here http://www.caristaapp.com/vehicle/Audi/A3/S3 (Mk2: 2004-2009)/2009

On my previous A3 09(facelift) I could activate via Carista.

You should be able to enable this on Carista as said above, you need to check what year your car was made.

Mine is a 59 plate and I cannot enable the lights without having auto-lights.

If you have the button highlighted in blue then you have them.

wYyQ24b.png

On some 2009 models its something you can enable via VCDS but it doesn't work as you may want it to.
In older models, it would light up the headlights whenever you unlock it (leaving home) and when you turn off the car and open the door (coming home) however on the 2009 model it only works when you turn off the car and flick the high beam stalk and then open the door.
The leaving home function does not work.

The only way to truly get it working automatically on both coming home and leaving home is to have the full auto lights installation retrofitted which I can do but isn't cheap.

Another vote for Carista app & Dongle, I used this to activate mine, (Dont have auto Lights) so i just turn car off flash headlights & My fog lights stay on for 60secs plenty of time..

I'm fully tooled up on the auto lights and coming/leaving lights thing cos I'm special :wink: .
Have a 2010 Sline which I believe they have these functions, maybe the other models don't. The fogs light up on mine and there is no switch like the pre facelift cars, it's all activated on the dis function.