Winter Tyres 225/40/18

Ok so traction will return?

What about the markings I mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So given mine have been fitted with markings on the inside on one side and markings on the outside on the other, I should get the fitters to swap them around? Probably for both markings on the inside so can’t see them? Would that give the same run out?

Sorry, just deleted that as looks like it is different for each manufacturer and no one really knows what they mean
Just checked and mine are fitted the same as yours and I noticed no issues last winter, in fact the tyres were superb in the cold wet days.

The stripes do fade, here are what mine look like after last winter.

Tyre

Reactions: RL
Cheers for the advice mate. So your markings are one side in and other side out? Just annoying as they look odd, but hopefully will wear like yours after a few hundred miles. Just got to be gentle with the power I guess too for a while as keep spinning them when nipping off!

Yes, as the tyres are directional and assuming the stripes are always on the same place you will always end up with on the inside and one on the outside.

Cheers for the help. Will have to live with lines on one side for now in that case too picky lol

I know how you feel, my OCD kicked in when I saw them first and thought I could wash them off :smiley:

How long / How many miles until yours faded?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

The picture is with about 5000 miles on them, not sure when they faded but I would say after a few hundred miles the ones on the top of the treads will be gone.

I'll be running Good Year UltraGrip 9 this winter on 8V.

Quoting myself here.

Went with Continental TS860 as I've heard they are by far the superior tyre (205/55/R16). They are also the most expensive tyre here but I do a lot of mountain passes so they should pay off.

The grip is amazing, I witnessed 2 cars going off the road last week on a nearby mountain while my A3 felt like it is hugging the road with claws. It was minus 5 degrees Celsius and there was a thin layer of ice on the road from rain.

Would recommend.

Reactions: Phil-1 and Fatbloke